Digital Photography

Yeah I was just wondering because I've seen some bad reviews on it, but more good reviews. and based on where I found them I would trust the good ones (found those ones on digital photography sites), the bad ones I found at places like Cnet where they don't really specialize in anything.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wingspar - holy carp man, you post some beautiful pictures, and its not just the amazing (read INSANE) detail in the photos but the sets as well. In short, WoW.

Not to take away from anyone else because there are ton of beautiful pictures here,.. far better than what I can do.

I may post some pics of some countries I was in. I was surfing Reelfiles site (nice btw) and I like that Deviant Art site. Bonus I can actually see it at work - most of these pics posted I have to see at home. ...and Reelfiles had some favorites to some amazing art. There were a couple paintings that had more detail than what my camera could do. Looked like pictures from wingspar almost.

Wingspar - holy carp man, you post some beautiful pictures, and its not just the amazing (read INSANE) detail in the photos but the sets as well. In short, WoW.

Thank you for the kind words.

Gary is def a pro photographer. Makes my digi's look like crayon drawings by 3 year olds having a seizure lol.

Don’t be so hard on yourself Travis. I think your photos are quite good actually.

Are you using a high contrast color set? or was it touched?

Not sure what you mean by “high contrast color set”, but I probably added a slight bit of saturation. Not much. Just enough

A couple more from me:

normal_Picture_003.jpg

This was taken somewhere in scotland, i can't remember where though.

normal_clem_012.jpg

This one is the lake at Stourhead. Probably one of the most beautiful landscaped gardens in the UK.

I mean something like this:

In that menu you can pick from these color modes: Ia (sRGB), II (Adobe RGB), IIIa. I found that the Adobe mode bumps the contrast a bit.

I shoot sRGB I, and I do not change it during processing. Generally, Adobe RGB is not web friendly, but many use it for printing. The range of colors is supposed to be greater in Adobe RGB, but web browsers can’t handle it, so photos processed in Adobe RGB and posted on the web will see their colors change, and not for the better.

• 2 weeks later...

ok here's a couple randoms that I took yesterday...I was mowing the lawn two weeks ago and saw something awesome, a wolf spider had just caught a potato bug (something like that lol) and had his fangs in the back of the the bug's neck...but I couldn't get to my camera then...but one day I'll catch a murder in the act and get it, but for now, here's some catnip, wolf spider, and some kind of fly lol

catnip-1.jpg

fly-1.jpg

fly-2.jpg

oh yeah, the lunar eclipse we had a week ago or so...problem is I don't have an SLR with a good lens, so this is as good as my little Canon A620 could do =(

I did get some vid on my DV cam that I'll get to later

lunar_eclipse-1.jpg

lunar_eclipse-2.jpg

wolf_spider-1.jpg

wolf_spider-2.jpg

Hey Angry. That spider is a type of jumping spider, no .. I am serious they can really jump! If you get your camera close enough he may just jump on it! I have had one in my open hand fingers stretched apart and this little guy went to the tip of my finger and jumped from finger tip to finger tip. lol Was funny as hell