Digital Photography

Thanks r1der, yeah, they are all cemented then raked back to be mostly unseen. There had been some old RR tie walls there previously that were terraced pretty similar, and all of the plantings were already there.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to be rude, but i haven't seen any "good" pictures. are you all shooting from regular point and click digital cameras?

I do not recall anyone here stating that they are professional photographer's, ie earn their livelyhood from the craft... There have been some professional images posted which are quite a story teller, but otherwise it is for sharing what an individual sees through their lens and their own story. It is nice that they wish to share these with others.

And of course this is your contribution... :rolleyes:

svsv.jpg

Remember it is better to not make any comment at all rather than confirm what others maybe thinking. :angel:

Clearly you are an art student who has a wonderful eye for this medium and we all would love to understand what your definition of "Good" is, but more importantly see these "good" images which are of your own creation via a digital camera. :nod:

EDIT: 5 Angles taken yesterday.

Thanks AG .. yes I consider myself lucky to be living here ... sweet paradise :nod: Oh yeah I do have to work for a living too :angel:

Different angles (or is this more familiar angles?) .. Someone told me that the XP-120 doesn't fit on the DFI nF4 boards.. of course, this was after I had installed mine... it just didn't occur to me that it would not!! :P

aww man you all hate me now. i meant no harm. and that dr pepper picture was just on my camera and i at the time i was just messing around with the colors and stuff. by all means continue.

Hate is a very strong word - one that I try not to use in reference to people .. so no I do not. Constructive criticism is welcomed but do not to make a pointed comment and run away. ;)

something about digital pictures: just cuz some cameras have more megapixels doesn't mean it produces better pictures. i have a small canon s200 2MP camera and i've learned how to make the most of my pictures, kind of like overclocking.

if you guys have photoshop:

image > adjust > auto levels (this usually makes your whites look white and blacks look black and grays look gray. it also gets rid of some noise)

then do auto color if you want. sometimes this makes the picture look unnatural.

finally, the most important part, lower the brightness from about 5-10 and increase the contrast around the same amount. this will give the picture nice bright and dark smooth edges.

i have a 2.3Mpxl Minolta Dimage E223

it is not nearly as good as my brother's 5Mpxl Canon or whatever i bought him for xmas

but his doesn't take as good of pics as mine...because I know my camera inside and out...his i cant hardly figure out and never bothered to read the manual thoroughly like i have mine.

i know how to take good pictures, and i am proud of my pictures (not being a camera nerd)

http://www.angrygames.com/thermalright1.htm

http://www.angrygames.com/SP-97.htm

among others

what was rude of you is to come in with an attitude that your stuff was way better than anyone else's and our stuff was crap. Whether that is what you meant or not is unimportant, that is what you presented to us.

this thread is for people to show pictures that they have taken themselves, whether good quality or bad quality.

it is not for people to say to others (or imply) 'your pictures suck'

I hardly ever leave my images just as they come from the camera. After I download the files to the hard drive I make a backup right away. Once that backup is safe I will start manipulating the images to get them just right.

Back in my 35mm days, if I was taking pictures that needed to be just right, I would place the yellow Kodak film box in the picture at the edges. This way I could color correct for the yellow box to bring the rest of the colors into alignment. Later Kodak changed to the "rainbow" box which gave you an even better source of true colors.

The Auto White Balance on most cameras will give you good results in most situations. What kills me it when you take three pictures of the same sky and you get three different colors of blue.

I've still got my old Olympus OM-10 from college days. My brother has a nifty nikon, I have a digital rebel with 4 lenses.

I never leave photos untouched. Photoshop is used for my chores. Brudder has some prints on display at my physician's office. I have some on display on my coffee table...sigh... he's retired, I'm not, guess who takes the better photos? ;-}

Charles

.....The Auto White Balance on most cameras will give you good results in most situations. What kills me it when you take three pictures of the same sky and you get three different colors of blue.

Right, the light meters or digital equivalents are all calibrated to measure the light in a scene and produce a medium gray tone but they can be fooled when either the subject or the background is unusually dark or light. Hence an 18% Grey card is most helpful in these tricky situations and even more important when using transparency film as this is not so forgiving as neg or digital film in the exposures.