Digital Photography

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hrmm...there is such a BADASS moon out tonight so i ran and grabbed the cam but no matter what setting i put it on, it just looks like butt (not badass either...just bad butt)

during certain shots like this I recognize the weakness of not only MY digital camera, but digital cameras in general. A 35mm SLR would have been able to pick out the craters on the moon etc just like you can see with the naked eye (go look at the moon...its freakin HUGE!).

i've perfected macro shots of pcb boards and I've perfect portrait shots of cake-ice-cream-cones (cake baked inside ice cream cones then frosted...just like parents made during elementary school birthday parties!) and others...but some scenes just do not translate well to my limited 2.3Mpxl Minolta Dimage E223.

ViperJohn and i think Roadie suggested a 5Mpxl camera with 12x optical zoom (i could give a crap less about any digital zoom, optical zoom is the only thing that is important) that looks to take great pics so I'll have to annoy them again to tell me which one...then save money.

(seeing as how it is getting on hockey season soon again!!!!)

Just ordered a Nikon 5900 and 512MB SD card delivered for $304 from the egg.

camera

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16830113126

memory card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820178042

The reason the moon looks like butt is that it is over exposed. Try a manual exposure or if doesn't allow that a setting like action or sport to get the moon brightness down a couple of notches and it will look much better.

The biggest optical zoom I found was the Sony MVC CD-1000 camera I have.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/CD1K/CD1KFL1.HTM

It's only 2.3MP but has a 10X optical zoom with optical image stabilization. Love the idea of burning the image into the cd-r so you can't delete it and lose it forever.

I will still use it regularly but needed something I could carry easily.

The biggest optical zoom I found was the Sony MVC CD-1000 camera I have.

nah it must have been VJ then that showed me a cam a month or two ago that had 10x or 12x optical zoom and 5Mpxl...i think it was a Fuji or something...I'll have to bug him

i also like Steve's Digital Cam site (its pretty basic looking like angrygames.com but filled with a wealth of information about cams)

Here are some pics from my recent vacation to St. Croix and one from last year with my family. All were done with a point-and-shoot digital camera (Sony T1).

CJ

someone needs to go out tonight and take a pic of that big friggin full moon!!!!

got up last night around 2pm or so to go to the bathroom. saw that brilliant moon right in the middle of the sky w/ the backdrop of the mtns. I was so inclined to get a pic, but was too tired.

tonight, we have cloudy skies.