NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hi. I bought this board and I'm running 2 x 512 of OCZ EL PC3200 Gold and when I boot it goes to DDR133 which is normal (I read in the manual) so when I tried to change it to 200MHz I couldn't because it topped at 166. I have it in slots 1 and 3 so I'm a little confused about this.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have been gone for a couple of days TESTING (lol) the crap out off this board. Memtest , Prime (24hours) ect ect ect. and zero errors but all at 2T. last test was 260x10=2600 / 260x3x2=1560. Now while in windows i did not have 1 single crash freeze or glitch :), but one thing i find very irritating is everytime i restart windows i get BSOD 2 times in a row the 3rd time it goes right into windows, you would think that one off the test would fail but all ran flawless. I have been reading that people are testing beta bios, where are they getting them from???? i have not found any :( So OldGuy send me them with the exact bios string that i need to use, and i take it that i should NOT use the winflash utility???(right) Boot off of floppy????with this i take it.

A:AWDFLASH NF3UD627.BIN /cks/sn/py/cc/cd/cp/wb/ld/qi

Thanks Scott PS has anybody had better luck with the new bios's ????? or should i just keep the original?????

SpeedPC - They are on the official dfi website....the BIOSes that is....the latest BIOS however is basically worse than the original or first BIOS so it's not recommended to download it....not sure if this newer one replaced the 1st beta BIOS in the download section though

OK Thanks!!!! I'll stick with the original for now. I just read a post by AG that he is not even going to mess with them for now.

Well i need to order 6 more of these boards for gamers but i think i'll wait for now, no sence for me to try to tweak them for customers to many headaches for now :(

Just keep me posted if you will Thanks Scott

This is what i get when i look for a bios on official sight

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

SpeedPC - They are on the official dfi website....the BIOSes that is....the latest BIOS however is basically worse than the original or first BIOS so it's not recommended to download it....not sure if this newer one replaced the 1st beta BIOS in the download section though

I'm confused. I went to the DFI web site and looked up the bios for the Lanparty NF3 Ultra-D and it says "not found". Where are the bios' for this board located? Like some of the other participants in this particular thread, I'd like to get a copy of the original bios for flashing back to it from 627.

Thanks,

Hoot

Go to Downloads and at the bottom is the Beta section link. There you can select nf3 ultra and it'll take you Here

The original bios isn't on the DFI site that I can find, tho. Hence the many e-mail requests for it in this thread...

You don't recommend the OCZ VX 4000? I'm looking for guaranteed > 250Mmhz. Are there any other memories that you would recommend?

Thanks.

i recommend what i linked because i own it and love it and would easily purchase more and more (and the price @ newegg is simply unbeatable for BH-5 1GB kit)

boot up with 2 sticks, and force DDR400, and drop to 2T, save & exit, then shut down, put the other 2 sticks in and see if she'll boot up ;)

I realize this reply wasn't directed at me however, how do I force DDR400? I tried manually setting CPC to disabled but my 4x512 still boots at DDR333. There is no option for setting memory to 200Mhz that I can find. Everything is set to auto except for CPC which is set to 2T.