NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I am at this very minute trying to get the 628.bin funny bios pulled from beta downloads so that some unsuspecting user does not flash that thing. I forsee it might in fact corrupt bios in the long run if it is set to 240FSB but hands ME a 363FSB and then gawd knows what it is really trying to boot at.

LEAVE THE 628.bin bios ALONE...

My suggestion.

RGone...

Thanks Rgone!!!!!! I haven't even really messed with the 627. I may just go back to the original for now :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at this very minute trying to get the 628.bin funny bios pulled from beta downloads so that some unsuspecting user does not flash that thing. I forsee it might in fact corrupt bios in the long run if it is set to 240FSB but hands ME a 363FSB and then gawd knows what it is really trying to boot at.

LEAVE THE 628.bin bios ALONE...

My suggestion.

RGone...

sob. thanks for lettin me kno.

Thanks Rgone!!!!!! I haven't even really messed with the 627. I may just go back to the original for now

do u happen to have a copy of the original bios, or could ya make one???

and if u could email to me,i will be in debt to u. ;) thanks if ya can help me.

whew, I'm glad I haven't bothered with either beta BIOS....oh well suppose it gives me time to get a 'feel' for this system as it is so when a good BIOS comes along it should be a breeze.

Nice GIASAN......I guess I need to start playin around with mine a little more

EDIT: Oooook......so now my OC'ability has gotten worse......before I could get it to 260x10 and it wasn't even 15 mins prime95 stable, but it'd get in windows and even run SuperPI......now I put it to 245x10 and the thing won't even post =/

Could someone zip the orignal BIOS that came with the board.... I borked mine flashing back and forth. Now I need a hot flash and I don't have the orignal that seems to be better then the Betas...

Several members need it also.... Maybe host the zip if you can.... :nod: Or I can host it...

RGone sent me one, but it came up "Evaluation Bios". That didn't seem right...

Thanks in advance....

Send here...

Angry: you taking a sebatical or something

no i just don't have anything to add since I am like all of you...waiting and wishing TW would get their heads out of their behinds and fix the damn bios...

remember that I told you all to hold off on buying this board for a couple of weeks until Rgone and I and a few early adopters that were brave had some time to get it going in the right direction...well...it has not gotten going in that right direction yet but Rgone and I are trying pretty hard to get it going in the right direction.

I've still got my NF3 939 sitting on a box not plugged into anything...a bios comes out, I try it, nothing is fixed, so I unplug it and leave it alone until the next bios....no sense in fooling with it in the condition it is in, and I damn sure aint gonna blow up my X2 4400+ on some crazy bios that you set to 240FSB and it boots to 360FSB...

Torch if you two do not settle down and quit flinging stuff at each "other" > then you both will find yourselves banned for a week each. No more questions will be asked just the banning. So if you need to get to here for information or what have you > then I suggest correct decorum from you both.

You hear me Absoloot?

RGone...

Someone was saying that this mobo is bad, and that the new bios is bad, and that they will never buy from DFI again. I defend this mobo, and am obscurely threatened with a ban?

So to answer your question, no. No I don't hear you.

This is my 2nd warning, so I have to be doing something wrong, and ultimately since I gain NOTHING so far from others, feel free to ban me, I have no reason to come here anymore. I hoped that this was a place for the educated user to share their tips and tricks, but it seems to be focussed on support.

no i just don't have anything to add since I am like all of you...waiting and wishing TW would get their heads out of their behinds and fix the damn bios...

remember that I told you all to hold off on buying this board for a couple of weeks until Rgone and I and a few early adopters that were brave had some time to get it going in the right direction...well...it has not gotten going in that right direction yet but Rgone and I are trying pretty hard to get it going in the right direction.

I've still got my NF3 939 sitting on a box not plugged into anything...a bios comes out, I try it, nothing is fixed, so I unplug it and leave it alone until the next bios....no sense in fooling with it in the condition it is in, and I damn sure aint gonna blow up my X2 4400+ on some crazy bios that you set to 240FSB and it boots to 360FSB...

I'm done OC'ing this board for now as well too. I decided to just try and run 4x512MB (2x512 of Redline PC 4000, 2x512 Mushkin PC 3500 Lvl II) but it defaults to DDR 333. Has anyone gotten 4x512 to work at DDR 400?