NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Not enough to make you happy. If anything at all. I noticed no real FPS difference between 1t and 2t.

You are like me at the moment, i dont care wether its 1t or 2t or banana tree, just as long as i get good fps in bf2. Apparently it dosent do much, so the problem is with mobo and videocard.

need to go PCIE and nf4, maybe buy an agp 850xt twin turbo NOS, but that will be a dead end upgrade.

where is the R920 in that review?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

My board is running fine on 711 bios and nforce 5.10.

Tried to change "ram > 64meg for os" to "non-os2" and would not post after

save. Thanks to RGone tip on disconnect Sata 3,4 to enable Raid it took 5 minutes

to get back to before.

I have question on memory I want to use 1:1 but higher ddr. I am at 230 htt x 11

with ram 1:1. This is nice but want to go higher to 250 htt x 11. I want ram

with good range from 200-300 stable without problem. I reading here about

GSkill "LE" and went to look for info prices. I found two links at Newegg for ram

I think cover what I want. Please comment on if these are good choices. One

pair 250 other is 300. I don't mind extra 50 if good and stable. Both are good 1T.

This is F1-4800DSU2-1GBFF for 300. This is choice I prefer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231014

This is F1-3200DSU2-1GBLE. Is this "LE" version that is good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231006

Thanks for all help.

Hi

My board is running fine on 711 bios and nforce 5.10.

Tried to change "ram > 64meg for os" to "non-os2" and would not post after

save. Thanks to RGone tip on disconnect Sata 3,4 to enable Raid it took 5 minutes

to get back to before.

I have question on memory I want to use 1:1 but higher ddr. I am at 230 htt x 11

with ram 1:1. This is nice but want to go higher to 250 htt x 11. I want ram

with good range from 200-300 stable without problem. I reading here about

GSkill "LE" and went to look for info prices. I found two links at Newegg for ram

I think cover what I want. Please comment on if these are good choices. One

pair 250 other is 300. I don't mind extra 50 if good and stable. Both are good 1T.

This is F1-4800DSU2-1GBFF for 300. This is choice I prefer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231014

This is F1-3200DSU2-1GBLE. Is this "LE" version that is good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231006

Thanks for all help.

I think the cheaper "LE" has been proven on this board...Rgone is using it and so is Rebelshaven. For about a hundred bucks less I'm using Patriot XBLK's and getting similar results to the "LE"...5 to 10 more mhz's are not worth the extra hundred dollars...I also have some OCZ PC4800 ram that doesn't perform as well as the Patriots...with shipping and tax I paid close to 360.00 dollars for some really pretty heat spreaders :D

Not enough to make you happy. If anything at all. I noticed no real FPS difference between 1t and 2t.

You are like me at the moment, i dont care wether its 1t or 2t or banana tree, just as long as i get good fps in bf2. Apparently it dosent do much, so the problem is with mobo and videocard.

need to go PCIE and nf4, maybe buy an agp 850xt twin turbo NOS, but that will be a dead end upgrade.

where is the R920 in that review?

Ummm looks like the mobo and video card upgrade is looking the go.

This board seems to have a fair bit of surprise incompatabilities.

6800GT <-- SURPRISE PROBLEMS!

some HQ HSPD ram <-- SURPRISE NO 1t

bought HDA Soundcard <-- SURPRISE analogue will not work.

This board/bios is fault for some, NF3 chipset is fault for others.

The combo is a lot of headaches and delays before you get your system running.

I've learned my lesson of buying a board that has not matured yet, or has not had a lot of feedback(I pre-ordered before most of these problems became apparent on this thread). I bought it as soon as it was released. Should have waited a few weeks, or read reviews and bought Nf4 instead. It's my own fault since I did not have the patience to wait. Bad luck I guess.

looking at your sig, it seems you are doing fine with this motherboard.....

looking at your sig, it seems you are doing fine with this motherboard.....

EXACTLY, but in practical, it gave me numerous headaches. One thing not working, another thing not working, resulting in having to spend a lot of EXTRA money just to get it to this level, where BF2 still runs crappy to lesser and comparable systems specs.

I think the cheaper "LE" has been proven on this board...Rgone is using it and so is Rebelshaven. For about a hundred bucks less I'm using Patriot XBLK's and getting similar results to the "LE"...5 to 10 more mhz's are not worth the extra hundred dollars...I also have some OCZ PC4800 ram that doesn't perform as well as the Patriots...with shipping and tax I paid close to 360.00 dollars for some really pretty heat spreaders :D

Thank you.

OCZ PC4800 were 2x512? Expensive but I read GSkill "GG" were almost 400 when came out 3/05.

I have high multiplier so I can't go probably over 250 htt so maybe "LE" is good

choce.

I see alot of comment on game "bf2" and fps. I have heard fps for online game

client is limited to rate of 72 fps, latency, ping, hopps, and server bandwidth divided

by number players. Some said playing online is like a player on a voodoo3 card.

Some players with pentium 3 with good connection can easily win game.

How come there is need for more money on hardware?

if i try and set my AGP OC to 67 or 68 mhz, i get freezing in 2001se. everything else is pretty much defualt.. would this have anything to do with my card being a bfg?

Try without your PCI EXTRA USB-PORTS CARD.

66 , 67 , 68 mhz doesn't matter in my case.

client is limited to rate of 72 fps, latency, ping, hopps, and server bandwidth divided

http

://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/athlon...ing/page14.asp

check that out no diff with higher cpu speeds.

Where did you get the idea it is limited to 72fps. Even i have 80fps+ when im flying. People have averages of 90's. in CS i get 110+? It is also not about what your average is, we are really worried about what our minimum is , which effects gameplay, when your average is a lot higher its a half decent way to judge how decent it will be under heavy loads.

Someone told you? "said playing online is like a player on a voodoo3 carD?" yeah mate, you are just throwing yourself again here.

P3 with good connection can easily win the game?. P3 and a geforce6800ultra will not even get you over 28fps max in bf2. Why are you throwing yourself so hard. What are you giong to do with a 100 gigabit connection when you get 8fps everytime there is more than 5 people in the area while shooting.

(my duron 1.3ghz oced using kingmax pc150ram, + geforce6800gt oced, was running bf2 @ 27fps max, would go under 15fps most of the time, this is at super low quality everything minimum 800x600.

Playing online in BF2 gives you more FPS than offline. Unless you play by yourself with no bots.

Did you ever think hard that maybe just fcuking maybe we already have good connections? Where is this bull crap you are spitting coming from?