NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

if i try and set my AGP OC to 67 or 68 mhz, i get freezing in 2001se. everything else is pretty much defualt.. would this have anything to do with my card being a bfg?

It really shouldn't...I doubt the AGP 67/68 is causing the freeze. You have bigger issues elsewhere causing your OC woes.

You seem to be "stuck"... ;) I would clear cmos for awhile. Put that one stick of ram in slot one. Load optimzed defaults. Reboot and set hammer to whatever your default multi is. Set agp to 67 and ldt to 3X. Set vcore to +.4 and vdimm to 2.90v. Boot to windows and run A64. Print screen or write down all settings. Reboot to bios and set "all" memory timings manually.

Are you able to change default voltage without machine crashing? And are you still using bios 602?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I wanted to find out if any of you guys are having the same heat issue I am. I reading about 60C via Speedfan under load, but is that correct? I searched this thread and saw alot of people saying their temps were UNDER what they believed the temps should be. I thought it could be a bad install of AS5, but I took the processor out and added a 3500+ with fresh AS5 and it still gives me 60C. It plays BF2 fine and passed an 18 hour Prime95 test. Could it be my heatsink not contacting the heat spreader well enough or am I just going to have to "assume" that I am alright? Here is a link to an image of my 3500+ OC with the temps and volts...

[email protected] and 60C TEMP UNDER LOAD!!!

Thanks,

Mack

Hey guys,

I wanted to find out if any of you guys are having the same heat issue I am. I reading about 60C via Speedfan under load, but is that correct? I searched this thread and saw alot of people saying their temps were UNDER what they believed the temps should be. I thought it could be a bad install of AS5, but I took the processor out and added a 3500+ with fresh AS5 and it still gives me 60C. It plays BF2 fine and passed an 18 hour Prime95 test. Could it be my heatsink not contacting the heat spreader well enough or am I just going to have to "assume" that I am alright? Here is a link to an image of my 3500+ OC with the temps and volts...

[email protected] and 60C TEMP UNDER LOAD!!!

Thanks,

Mack

Is your voltage set with +.0's or do you have it manually set at a specific voltage and what BIOS version?

Is your voltage set with +.0's or do you have it manually set at a specific voltage and what BIOS version?

Im using default + .4 for the processor. I am running the 7/5 bios (tried the 7/11 and did nothing but reboot and reboot) and it has been solid minus the temp problem.

-Mack

Im using default + .4 for the processor. I am running the 7/5 bios (tried the 7/11 and did nothing but reboot and reboot) and it has been solid minus the temp problem.

-Mack

one of the big issues with the board is the fact that it also won't read the voltages properly...

you say you're running default + 0.4...in your sig, you say that is a little over 1.4V

REAL Voltages

your REAL voltage is over 1.6V...which might explain the heat

if i try and set my AGP OC to 67 or 68 mhz, i get freezing in 2001se. everything else is pretty much defualt.. would this have anything to do with my card being a bfg?

I am by no way a expert.. But this doesnt sound like a hardware issue.. But a softward issue... IF you have updated drivers alot.. trying to fix this you could have multiple .DLL's competing to do the same function. If you havent updated all drivers.. I would suggest removing completly the old drivers then updating.. You can also try to install every thing below default I,E IF you default @10X200 back that down to 9X200 .. It could just be as simple as installing drivers on a semi unstable system and small errors causing Driver variations from the original File

one of the big issues with the board is the fact that it also won't read the voltages properly...

you say you're running default + 0.4...in your sig, you say that is a little over 1.4V

REAL Voltages

your REAL voltage is over 1.6V...which might explain the heat

My 3200+ Venice was running at 1.414V but my new 3500+ Venice is running at 1.568V (please refer to my original post a few above the one you quoted to see the link provided that contains more details). They are two different cpus. I do believe my voltage is close to 1.6. I know my S754 @ 1.7V and the same HSF, the temp never went above 45C. That is an apples to oranges comparison. Thank you for the link you posted.

Thanks,

Mack

You shouldn't really have any problems with the combo. It is only with regard to trying to OC the GFX card and not getting great results from my understanding. My 6800 runs fine on my LP NF3 250gb it just barely squeaks out any OC at all. The subject has popped up several times in this thread and has been around for a very long time. Google it and you will come up with plenty of info...

Disable fastwrites before you do any OCing - it just breeds problems. I only just found out it was the source of a major problem I was having with OCing. Now it's disabled and everything is great.

If you're having a problem with freezing in games or benchmarks then disable fastwrites!

Upgrading drivers did NOTHING for me - it's simply an issue with this board + 6800's + fastwrites turned on. I'm not the only one either. Reinstalling drivers is just a waste of time. I haven't seen one instance of it fixing this problem.

However if his just freezes entirely, not just for 5-10 seconds, then it may be related to something else.

---dens