Best or most reccomended case thread

271 members have voted

1. 1.

• Thermaltake
    • Koolance
    • Cooler Master
    • Lian Li
    • Antec

hey all just wondering what everyone uses or reccomends for a LARGE case (cm stacker ect...)

i currently have a thermaltake xaserIII skull w/ 6 5 1/4 slots and 2 floppy+ 2 for hdd. i'm thinking about upgrading but couldn't find a thread w/ most popular cases.

so lets have some fun here. i was even looking into server towers to modify... pictures are more than welcome.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should have labled the poll for specific models of case as Lian Li, Coolermaster, etc all make many different models ;)

word but that would take research, and time, and a lot of poll options (20+) and then i'd get people saying well what about blah blah blah w/ this mod.... u know (your A G All knowing) but yes i thought about that. those were just the most popular that came to mind besides generic.... i'm really just looking for peoples input. and as i said i'm in the market since my xaserIII is sweet but not hitting my sweet spot. and i love the CM stacker (well atleast the pics i've seen).

but yea i wouldn't buy a cm stacker w/ out the cross flow fan. that case and that blower fan will go good w/ my koolance exos1. once i purchase another mobile chip to replace the t bred my bigwater fried.

i bought a CM Stacker without the cross-flow...then i bought the cross-flow...and still have not installed it in the Stacker lol

what i mean about the specifics is pick the biggest case from each model line that YOU are interested in and poll for opinions (as a poll is really only asking for opinions!)

Antec Performance One P-160W.

It's a large case with lots of room to work in. Excellent air flow especially if you reverse the rear 120mm fan to an intake. Sharp looking with or without the window. Stealthed optical bays and floppy.

Removable drive trays with rubber isolation and their own 120mm fan blowing across them. You can reverse the drives so the cables are on the back side out of view.

Here's a pic of Aileen with the Blue Storm installed...

http://myweb.cableone.net/mondo/cablejob.JPG

Guest burningrave101

I've worked with a Lian-Li V1000 and V1200 and can say they quality is easily the best your going to find and thats why their so expensive. If your wanting a case with plenty of room then i would ither get the mid-tower V1200 or the full tower V2000. I tried out the V1200 and actually still have a new black one sitting here in my room that i'm sending back because i didn't like the added length on my desk.

Antec Performance One P-160W.

It's a large case with lots of room to work in. Excellent air flow especially if you reverse the rear 120mm fan to an intake. Sharp looking with or without the window. Stealthed optical bays and floppy.

Removable drive trays with rubber isolation and their own 120mm fan blowing across them. You can reverse the drives so the cables are on the back side out of view.

Here's a pic of Aileen with the Blue Storm installed...

http://myweb.cableone.net/mondo/cablejob.JPG

you have your rear fan on intake? really? weird. how does this help your cooling? do you have your front fan on exhaust?

i have the same antec p160 case, i like it a lot. whenever i get around to watercooling i'll have plenty of room to work, and the case itself looks really sharp.

the thing i don't like about it is the mass of cables and wires that goes along with the front panel display. i really should just cut those temp sensors off, as i don't use them.

Guest Partizan

Which big tower do you recommend? It should have plenty of room, good ventilation, not too expensive. I don't need a flashy one, like side window, led's...

Just a big functional case.

Regards, Partizan