4400+ Dual Core - initial overclocks

this is going into the OC database, but I thought I would post here too (ill link to the DB post when I get it inserted).

AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ (2x 1MB L2 caches)

DFI NF4 Ultra-D revAA0, 5/10-2 BIOS

OCZ VX4000 DDR

Nvidia 6800GT @ 407/1100 (engineering sample)

OCZ 600w Powerstream psu

3x Hitachi 80GB 8mb SATA II drives (3.0Gb/s + Spread Spectrum Clocking enabled)

some crappy 8x IBM cd-rom

Mitsumi Floppy drive

Thermalright XP-90 + Enermax 92mm adjustable fan

x2_2533_atto-1.jpg

x2_2533_atto-2.jpg

[bimg]http://www.angrygames.com/ocdb/angry/x2_2533/x2_ocdb-1.jpg[/bimg]

x2_ocdb-2.jpg

x2_ocdb-3.jpg

x2_ocdb-4.jpg

x2_prime.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That vCore is minuuuuute! YOu got a bunch of nice new toys AG... looks like they are eating up too much of your time... soon you will forget about hockey bro, and none of us want to see that happen to you. So how bout I lend you a hand before you start on that slippery slope...

I care bout you so much I am willing to sacrifice my own time to review your next round of toys... or REreview your old toys... jus so they dont distract you!

Hehehehehe

Give that core a drink of water and a decent amount of voltage man... that thing is a monstor!

']Whoa, only 1.3ish volts for 2.5Ghz. That's crazy! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these X2s :)

those prerelease chips always do super speeds on crazy low voltages and temps just to get people excited about them, then we get the 1st batch and they dont perform aswell. tbh if i was giving out samples of course i would hand pick them to be the best ones it gives a good impression :P

those prerelease chips always do super speeds on crazy low voltages and temps just to get people excited about them, then we get the 1st batch and they dont perform aswell. tbh if i was giving out samples of course i would hand pick them to be the best ones it gives a good impression :P

i dont get handpicked samples. I get whatever comes off the production line.

i have never received a hand-picked sample of anything. ever.

That vCore is minuuuuute! YOu got a bunch of nice new toys AG... looks like they are eating up too much of your time... soon you will forget about hockey bro, and none of us want to see that happen to you. So how bout I lend you a hand before you start on that slippery slope...

I care bout you so much I am willing to sacrifice my own time to review your next round of toys... or REreview your old toys... jus so they dont distract you!

Hehehehehe

Give that core a drink of water and a decent amount of voltage man... that thing is a monstor!

man...i get all this stuff and never get any time to actually enjoy it...i mean, what good is a 1000Mhz overclock on my Sempy when i dont ever get to actually play with it in CoD or UT2004 etc...

Momma has the NEW FX-55 (1.400v SSE3) and it is freakin AWESOME!!!!

but

i have not even had time to get over to it and try to blast out 3Ghz with it...

yea dude what i was saying that the very first that the review sites seem to get their hands on always clock well then the performance can drop a fair bit and then sometimes go back up (in the 2500-m case) thats all.... if that makes sence :D

I cant wait to see the final OC on them AG..

Dont forget like Rabbi said we as freinds care about you and would be more than happy to help you with some sleepless nights to test your hardware..

I know I would even pay the shipping.. of course to help you out..

all the review sites i know of get super cherry hand-picked hot rodded best ever stuff

they dont get off-the-shelf stuff unless they buy it...thats why places like anandtech say they get 3.2Ghz on water with an A64 and you all nearly kill yourselves trying to get 3.2Ghz on water...or why they get 650DDR speeds and in reality the only reason they got it was their hand-picked cpu and hand-picked memory...