Finished my Rig----some Pics

nice, very nice, yes testors is good stuff, I used to build models all the time and thier sprays are nice, shoot now that you have suggested it I might take a stab at doing something similar. Good work man. I would think black and yellow fans, like a caution tape theme would be the shiznit, I have this blue UV Danger High Voltage sticker for the side of my window i never used, and I had consider the black and yellow diagonal striped sticker roll for the peremiter for the window, this has inspired me to maybe go ahead with that and finally use the UV sticker and apply the caution tape, and also spray paint the fins of the fan every other black and yellow, does that make sense, ok kinda like well shoot think of the nuclear symbol in black and yellowm each triangle is every other black and yellow and resembles a fan, hahahaha design a fan that resembles a nuclear symbol and your on to something, I think that rocks too, hmmm it would look nice now wouldnt it :D if I could figure something like that out, hahahaha Im eyeballing all these fans laying around here, guess I better hit up a hobby shop LMAO :)

Heres a shot of my old setup before I swapped over to SATA and an Ultra X connect etc... but back in the day when I had considered doing it all yellow and black like you did....... and

just to clarify, not a DFI product but a Chaintech, one of the only other companies I know that utilized the UV yellow stuff

me008.jpg

Now being inspired by you I might go something like that, of course when I get the new DFI board, Ill have all the yellow stuff again, the Xconnect wont cut it, so I will need a 24 pinned proper PSU, just the excuse to Wiresleeve it etc.... except do yellow and black, shoot like each section, where theres splits etc.... since a new psu thats worth a shiznit for the DFI wont be modular and have the Xconnect style cables, old school molex and red and black wires wont do.... :D Thanks for inspiring me man :D

and Angry Games????!?!?!?!?!

why did you suggest to not go with the yellow, I kinda think it defines the DFI boards now? Like a Signature almost

Maybe all the DFIers need to rally and get the rest of the UV manufactuers into gear!!!! Demand Yellow themed items

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, keep the yellow.

Don't yell at DFI to stop the yellow. Yell at the manufacturers to START the yellow! :D

Sweet rig man, very impressive and nice cable fu...you too jeremy.

One thing I did do that really helped the lines and clean up the appearance was cut a drive cover out of a piece of plexi and paint it black----then attached Velcro on my drive cages.

The piece mounts on the velcro strips and covers the silver drive cages with all the mounting holes.

Really helps the Black theme of the rig.

Doesn't affect cooling a lick...

Insideplexi.jpg

you got highschool sons? damn.....will you be my dad haha....I wish my dad was all crazy into computers like that lol, he's a hot rod kind of guy

Yes I have two HS sons----Baseball players and good boys getting good grades and staying out of trouble (knuckleheads sometimes too).....

I'm basically what you youngsters would call an "old fart"...

51 year old ex-Paratrooper......

I did the "Hot Rod" thing like your Dad when I was younger....

Had me a beautiful 65 Chevelle SS with a short block 283 bored and stroked with a Holley 4 barrel Carb and a Hurst Shifter----jacked up rear end with big tires and "chromies"----bucket leather seats-----midnight metallic blue...

The darn thing was GORGEOUS!

Thanks for the compliments.

John

I really like the painted plexiglass drive cage covers, plexi was a good choice now that i think of it because its nonconductive and its smooth for a good finish... to tell you the truth I didn't even notice them till you pointed it out :rolleyes: , MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :nod:

great job, man! i think i'll read more on DIY LED fans. then u wouldn't have to buy new ones every time you wanna change your case's look. wow, your machine doesn't just LOOK fast...!

edit: what's the LCD for?

great job, man! i think i'll read more on DIY LED fans. then u wouldn't have to buy new ones every time you wanna change your case's look. wow, your machine doesn't just LOOK fast...!

edit: what's the LCD for?

The LCD is for looks and to display MBM readings.

Hey, it was yellow and black----it fit the theme!!!

Seriously, it has all kinds of capabilities that I haven't tapped----you can control fan speeds with it and hook a bunch of Dallas one wire temp probes onto it-----pretty cool