Finished my Rig----some Pics

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent work there.

You really have inspired me.

I am also thinking of getting back to some modding.Although India sucks as far as getting modding stuff is concerned.

For example,

Antec LED Fans cost cool 18$ here.

Heheheheh

Guest Blooz1

Well, you can't use "Hornet". I think it's Monarch Computers has a proprietary SFF box they sell as the "Hornet"!

Really sweet job, how long did it take overall ? 2 thumbs up ! !!

About a month all together ----working on and off...

The fans were the hardest and longest. Painting, finding the right resistor, wiring, and strength of LED combo took a while. Ruined a bunch of fans in the process.

First batch I did used the voltage lead of the fan to power the LEDs----big mistake as I run most of the fans off the fanbus at lower voltage for quiet----which made the LEDs VERY dim. Had to rewire all of them with a separate voltage lead directly to the LEDs so they stayed nice and bright regardless of fan speed/voltage.

I really like that big 120 x 38 Low speed Panaflow with a Thremalright XP-120 heatsink. A very good combo for this board----the overhang even blows air on the RAM!

Beautiful Rig John. I have a question about the fans. Was it hard taking them apart? I have a Vantec Stealth 120 that i want to paint lime green, but im not sure exactly how to take the blades out. :confused:

Either way, it's nice to see people put time and effort into a project and have it come out that nice. Great Job!

GriFF

Beautiful Rig John. I have a question about the fans. Was it hard taking them apart? I have a Vantec Stealth 120 that i want to paint lime green, but im not sure exactly how to take the blades out. :confused:

Either way, it's nice to see people put time and effort into a project and have it come out that nice. Great Job!

GriFF

thanks....

It seemed like every fan was different----but the common factor was a VERY small type of slip ring/washer holding the blade axle from slipping out.

I used the tip end of an exacto knfe and a magnifying glass to gently pop off the slip ring-----push the axle out. Then just get the bearings or the washers put back in the right order when you are done----and pop the slip ring/washer back on

Lube the fan with some lithium grease or 3-1 oil while you have it apart.

There is usually a sticker or a cap over where you get to the axle and slip ring.