Finished my Rig----some Pics

Finished my build and took some pics I thought you might enjoy....

This is a DFI Yellow and Black themed rig-----everything I could possibly get yellow and black----I did----yellow LEDs, yellow sleeving, black connectors, black wire managers, yellow fan blades, yellow cooling housing on the Arctic Silencer5 Rev2, Yellow Matrix Orbital LED, Black LianLi case, yellow cold cathode kit, yellow LED fans in the PowerStream520, yellow LEDs on the fanbus-----well, you get the idea....YELLOW and BLACK!!!.

I'm kind of proud of the fans-----made my own yellow LED fans----and made my own custom bracket for the 60mm yellow LED mosfet/RAM fan

Looks good both in daylight and total dark. Even my high school sons are rather impressed.....

I went for a gamer style rig---but with solid stability. So far am using Multi 12 on my 4000+ E with an FSB of 235 which gives me a nice "game stable" overclock to 2.82 mghtz on air. My Corsair 2 x 512 BH-5 is running very tight @ 1.5,2,2,5,7,12. The ATI x850 XT PE is a super card----very fast.

Lotta work----but think she came out nice....

John

Entire Rig

Entire1.JPG

Inside

Inside1opt.jpg

CPU/Mosfet/RAM Fans

Inside2opt.jpg

Dark Shots

Darksideopt.jpg

Darkfrontopt.jpg

With Yellow Cold Cathode

DarkYellowCCopt.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweetastic!

now tell me

how the hell did you make YELLOW fans???

ive been searching everywhere for yellow fans (UV especially) and cannot find them ANYWHERE!!!

(ive asked DFI to stop with the yellow since there are no yellow UV anything that i can find other than cable ties and some looming for the psu wires)

Very nice! Is this a Li-Li 60B PLUS case? Want to share a photo with the front and back looks in daylight/bright light? Also, who did you purchase Yellow Matrix Orbital LCD from? jab-tech? Also, do you mind doing a write-up for the installation of the LCD? I am planning to get the same but in Blue..MX232 I think is the model that i am after. I am behind schedule in building mine...PSU is back ordered till end of May. :(

Again, looks pretty nice!

- Rex

sweetastic!

now tell me

how the hell did you make YELLOW fans???

ive been searching everywhere for yellow fans (UV especially) and cannot find them ANYWHERE!!!

(ive asked DFI to stop with the yellow since there are no yellow UV anything that i can find other than cable ties and some looming for the psu wires)

Got a bunch of nice yellow LEDs from Performance-pcs

Figured out the resistor needed based on the type of LED and Ohms Law assuming 12V

Drilled 4 holes in the fan housing after I had popped off each fan blade and mounted the LEDs with a hot glue gun--------bent the wires of the LEDs and soldered positive to negative all the way around------first positive had the resistor soldered to it then resistor soldered to the red power lead. The last LED wire in the chain went to the black ground wire.

Wrapped the fan housing in black electricians friction tape so you don't see any exposed wiring. Then sleeved both sets of wires to the fan------one set powers the fan and one set powers the LEDs. did it that way so I could reduce the speed of the fans through the fanbus without cutting the voltage to the LEDs----so they stay nice and bright.

The fan blades were all painted with (your gonna love this) Testors yellow model airplane paint (spraycan)-----it took four coats to cover the blades nicely and the paint did a fabulous job-----very shiny!!.

Most of the fans needed good lubrication anyway so popping them apart was actually good for them. You just have to be careful with the minute little sliprings that hold the bearings or washers in place. I popped off the sliprings looking through a magnifying glass with the tip of an exacto knife----a little tricky but easily doable if you are patient. EVERY fan was different-----the Panaflow was the best built.

Here's some articles I used as guides----I varied a little in my method from both articles.....

DIY LED Fan

DIY LED Fan #2

Very nice you got there; nice and clean: not alot of cables.

Yeah; deffinately curious about the yellow fans. Also; isnt that bad boy kinda loud?

Otherwise great job!

The rig is VERY quiet....

I hate noise

All the fans are controlled by the fanbus, a Zalman Fanmate----or the Bios Settings. They are all running much slower that full speed----but still do a great job cooling

The big panaflow on the CPU is a low speed one and runs very quietly....

I think the secret is the the bix xp-120 HS and the big panaflow------GREAT combination and cools excellently without a lot of noise.