DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

well, I got an antec true power 430w psu. It's a nice psu, but i recently built this new rig and this is my first time with dfi mb. I thought i did my homework but didn't realize that it needed a 24 pin. it works with just the 20, but i got an adapter anyway. Does anyone think i will come across any problems. Everything is working smooth so far, after a few bumps with bios issues. now running with 623-3.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do run into probs, that psu would be suspicious. have you thought about maybe upgrading to something the the froton blue storm?

don't skimp on such a great system w/ something like a psu.

seems a third of all questions here are regarding a power supply. The answer is always the same. The shipped manual isn't always up to date, and as of today, we all (should) know what the requirements are, by doing a search (or just reading the recommended psu sticky). It may turn on with anything less and work ok, but GL. Not knocking anyone specifically, because I was here asking these questions once too, just get sick of the same ol news.

well i sold it to a friend, at the time it was the best psu i've ever had. But before i give it to him I would like to know what PSU is recommended by you guys. Seems to me Antec is getting a lot of credit for being in the top spots.

Hi

go back to davidhammocks post (number 3 in this thread) and click on his power supply link :). All the info you need is there.

Cheers,

ricey

well i sold it to a friend, at the time it was the best psu i've ever had. But before i give it to him I would like to know what PSU is recommended by you guys. Seems to me Antec is getting a lot of credit for being in the top spots.
Good move. :nod:

I wrote this to answer your question: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

Good Luck,

Dave