DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Just Want to link this one for general discussion of the Gxstream (there are to other threads here about this topic, but this is the apropriate place i guess)

Professionals Reviews on jonnyguru and xbitlabs.com show the OCZ GXstream might not be as good as we all might think.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=35&page_num=2

Im getting an 600w GX in the next days and im thinking about to return it. Whats a good alternative for a max of 110€??

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read in many places the NeoHE series is awful, but these were problems when they had just come out.. it's very possible they've been all fixed.

It's on the list as tested by angry so I would say it's good.

Trio > NeoHE if you're buying new, IMO from antec.

I need some help deciding on a new PS?? TIA!

I was looking over the updated October 20th, 2006 list of recommended power supplies and after reading/looking over the 'A' list comments and so on im still a bit confused? After lookin at the list im thinking the OCZ XG 700 or the FSP 700 are probably the correct choice but it looks like HappyGames is starting to lean towards the CORSAIR HX620w? so now im more confused than before I started looking for info!

I plan to put the current PS I have in another pc I am setting up for my boy and figured I would get a better recommended PS for my current rig {see my sig} if there is a PS that is specificly suggested for DR-expert I have, I would like to make sure I dont end up with something else! kinda like the ram I got I think I should have been lookin for like pc4000 or better but I didnt know at the time and got in a hurry so now I got what I got!

sometime in the future Im thinking about another 7950 so I want a PS that will be ok when that time comes!

Thanks

Guy

how come it says maxium power 600w?

Brand OCZ

Model OCZ850GXSSLI

Series GameXStream

SPEC

Type ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V

Maximum Power > 600Watts

Fans 1

PFC Active

Main Connector 20+4-Pin

Dual +12V Yes

SLI Support NVIDIA SLI Certified

Modular Cabling Support No

Efficiency 80% @ 115V (Typical load)

83% @ 230V (Typical load)

Over Voltage Protection YES

I c/p this from the specifications from Neweggs site,,,,Is it a miss print?

Guy

Maximum Power > 600Watts , meaning that is a way you can "drill down" the list when shopping for power supplies.

150 - 300Watts(45)

301 - 400Watts(68)

401 - 450Watts(45)

451 - 500Watts(68)

501 - 600Watts(120)

> 600Watts(80)

For Clarity

This is simply a tag placed in the product database to allow directed searches at newegg. It in no way reflects the actual performance of the product.

how come it says maxium power 600w?

Maximum Power > 600Watts