Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

Hi all,

I have a Ultra-D and I replace the chipset fan by a passive cooler NB47J. so no noise and 5°C less.

BUT I had to move my VGA on the 2nd PCIex with a 2x bandwidth.

If I do the SLI-D mod, move the jumper and enable SLI....will I have a 8x / 8x bandwidth for my VGA?

Do we need to have 2 VGA to have 8x / 8x or just moving the jumpers + MOD is sufficient?

As long as you are using one card I think both slots run at 16x. What does it say you are running in the drivers or cpu-z?

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a TYAN sli bridge from monarch for 20.00, hope it works.

Can someone confirm that doing this mod to make it an SLI works with the latest drivers (81.85). I keep hearing about how Nvidias new drivers will not work right with modded Ultra D mobo's.

I will be pissed if I have to wait to get a real sli mobo with 2 7800GTX 512s waiting to go in :mad:

See here way back at post #10...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...97&postcount=10

I got a TYAN sli bridge from monarch for 20.00, hope it works.

Can someone confirm that doing this mod to make it an SLI works with the latest drivers (81.85). I keep hearing about how Nvidias new drivers will not work right with modded Ultra D mobo's.

I will be pissed if I have to wait to get a real sli mobo with 2 7800GTX 512s waiting to go in :mad:

I found some interesting thread but the only I'd like to know a simple thing:

Is it possible to have 8x on PCIe 4 on a nforce4 Ultra-D without modding it ?

FWI

Yesterday I try my 7800GT (483/1100) on both slots:

in PCIe 1 (running at 16x) : 3DMark05 = 7945

in PCIe 4 (running at 2x) : 3DMark05 = 6712

I lost 1200 fps between 16x and 2x

Well, you should find it very interesting at just how little the difference between a X16 and a X2 configuration makes in the benchmark. This is because the CPU is a limiting factor in the benchmark.

A 16 percent decrease in the benchmark when the bandwidth available to the card was reduced by 80 percent.

Yes, by moving the jumpers to the SLI position you configure both slots to X8 bandwidth.

I found some interesting thread but the only I'd like to know a simple thing:

Is it possible to have 8x on PCIe 4 on a nforce4 Ultra-D without modding it ?

FWI

Yesterday I try my 7800GT (483/1100) on both slots:

in PCIe 1 (running at 16x) : 3DMark05 = 7945

in PCIe 4 (running at 2x) : 3DMark05 = 6712

I lost 1200 fps between 16x and 2x

Guest shiznit

wtf can i get a bridge? all the newegg links are dead and google can't find anything. i might get anothey 7800gt when the ultra comes out (lower price hopefully) and i need a bridge. thanks.

Guest shiznit

ok, now i gotta figure out which aftermarket coolers can fit between the the 2 16x pci-e slots and the bottom pci slot. i found this pic http://premium1.uploadit.org/ManojM//VF700b.JPG where someone managed to fin 2 zalman's between the 6800's and the soundblaster (my audigy would go into that slot as well) but i wonder what kind of temps he's getting.