Socket 939 Discussion Thread

I underdtand, but that was the first time I even tried an entry... Leaves a lil sting... It took me so long to post that one because ImageShack was leaking or something. It wouldn't let me upload my 05, 06, or Evererst shots. I finally got it up and came in here to ask a few questions and Happy is crapping on us rather loudly. I'm an anal person by nature and read the thread "Rules" half a dozen times and truly thought I had all my bases covered. I've never tried to post an OCDB so I had no reason to look in here that much. Definatly not enough to notice that everyone was using Prime95.

On the ignorant note, I though SP2004 was the better one to use for stability testing. You know I can't stand that prog... I'd rather not use it. :D I thought it was the "newer model". :rolleyes: I told ya'll I was an id10t... pbkac... So much for that Full Dail degree...:cool:

But I'm good and straightened out... almost 4 hours down, half way there, and I used blend... I hope I didn't need to use customer for the 4 gigs of RAM... ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I underdtand, but that was the first time I even tried an entry... Leaves a lil sting... It took me so long to post that one because ImageShack was leaking or something. It wouldn't let me upload my 05, 06, or Evererst shots. I finally got it up and came in here to ask a few questions and Happy is crapping on us rather loudly. I'm an anal person by nature and read the thread "Rules" half a dozen times and truly thought I had all my bases covered. I've never tried to post an OCDB so I had no reason to look in here that much. Definatly not enough to notice that everyone was using Prime95.

On the ignorant note, I though SP2004 was the better one to use for stability testing. You know I can't stand that prog... I'd rather not use it. :D I thought it was the "newer model". :rolleyes: I told ya'll I was an id10t... pbkac... So much for that Full Dail degree...:cool:

But I'm good and straightened out... almost 4 hours down, half way there, and I used blend... I hope I didn't need to use customer for the 4 gigs of RAM... ?

Blend and custom blend in your case is basically the same. Where it makes a difference is with dual core processors. If you don't use custom blend the first instance will try to grab all the available memory leaving none for the second instance.

Why blend? Blend stresses processor, memory controller and memory. Small fft stresses mainly the cpu. Large fft stress mostly memory/memory controller. It's easy to see that by choosing the correct option with an unstable system because of one of these components there's a greater chance of completing Prime even though it would fail using blend.

But wouldn't common sense dictate that since it's a Sticky and the first one listed a person would at least look at it to see if the section he/she is interested in is affected.

Any changes should be reflected in the rules not in a thread title "Big Update (not related to your platform)". All I'm saying is if you're gonna make changes even if in BIG READ LETTERS put them in the section where it actually shows the rules of the game not anywhere else, that just confuses not just new people posting entries but old people who have made more than 1 entry like myself to the OCDB. I don't like to have to read every damn sticky on a thread every single time I wanna post something new to it. I look for "Rules Thread" and that other thread was misleading to the socket I'm using.

Most of us just assume it was. But there will always be someone who will use different settings to take the memory controller out of the equation or give themselves some other edge to clock just a little higher.

True we can only assume that a user has used a correct custom mode that actually splits it's memory instead of using small amounts of memory to help it's prime run. I still don't see why SP2004 is not allow as it's just Prime95 with a better interface and better visuals. I mean us Dual-Core users can use the SP2004 Orthos Edition. "yea so what if it's beta :P".

Eitherway, I will be force to read every freaking sticky in the OCDB section unless a mod keeps rules and new rule changes in the "Rules Thread" :D

BTW, What do you think of your Redline MEM so far?

Quick Q:

I made an entry 2 days ago. But memory is running under par, so I'm thinking about changing back to 1:1 memory-settings and dropping a few Mhz.

If I make another OCDB-worthy run, do I edit the current listing, or enter a new one?

Thnx!

Quick Q:

I made an entry 2 days ago. But memory is running under par, so I'm thinking about changing back to 1:1 memory-settings and dropping a few Mhz.

If I make another OCDB-worthy run, do I edit the current listing, or enter a new one?

Thnx!

enter a new one ;)

just make sure you read all the stickies or happy_games will get angry & bite you on the leg :D

Quick Q:

Thnx!

If you are not making any hardware changes then edit your original post...still gonna require another round of all requirements to keep it valid......................

Is anyone round here ever really "done";)

Million dollar... excuse me, million mega hertz question there... :rolleyes: I feel asleep priming last night and just woke up... I'm going to have a 23+ Prime 95 with my 2001SE screeny... :D I think it may be stable...

Quick question... should I stop Prime 95 to do 2001SE? I didn't but was just curious. Also how do you see how long Prime has been running? I was going to keep Taskmanager open to the processes tab with the time showing...