Socket 939 Discussion Thread

It seems to be a pretty decent one so far.. 2700mhz with 1.42vcore fully database stable but I havent took all the screenies yet..

Hope the new location is treating ya well, those x2 3800's are great buys, all the ones I've seen over here are maxing out around 2.7GHz (but I'm sure the guys just aren't clocking them right ;)).

I've been tempted to get one myself to replace the 148 in my benching rig, just waiting to see how my annual bonus works out, I'd love to have a 11/12x multi to take advantage of my winbond at 1:1 but the x2 3800's are just so cheap. It'll be a hard sell not to get one!

It was definitely an eye opener for me when your 170 lost some clock, I took my own 170 clock down by 100MHz/0.1v soon after (I couldn't afford to lose anymore, it doesn't clock that well to begin with!).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have a 170 Opty (CCB1E 0550VPMW) coming my way in a week or so... and a new OCDB enrty to follow:)

With a shitload of luck.... and probably voltage... and a de-capping, maybe even a GGG entry:D. Or at least a nice stable 2.8-2.9, that'd keep me happy I guess.

I've heard good things about the stepping, but then you never realy know.

I should have a 170 Opty (CCB1E 0550VPMW) coming my way in a week or so... and a new OCDB enrty to follow:)

With a shitload of luck.... and probably voltage... and a de-capping, maybe even a GGG entry:D. Or at least a nice stable 2.8-2.9, that'd keep me happy I guess.

Where'd you score that one from Zara? Inside NZ? Or you have to go out?

As far as steppings go, that's up there with the good 'uns, be looking forward to seeing what you get out of it :D

Good old TradeMe. We'll wait and see if all is good when it arrives. The guy seems legit, and has some good feedback selling hardware. I just hope he got the stepping right.

This is the one here.

None of the people asking the questions wanted it, so it came through as a 'fixed price offer'... $550NZD, which I think is a little under $300US. They sell new here for about $700NZD, so if the stepping is indeed correct, it is only a few months old, and has never been oc'ed, then I think it's not a bad deal:)

Lol, yeah, I think I'll leave it on for a while... unless it looks like it's holding the clocks back.... or I get bored:D

Thats why I may just hold on to the 3700+, just in case.;)

Like the GGG sig there TFK, looks like ya put a bit of work into that one:)

Your chances of hitting 3.0 with that chip will be good. The 170@295x10 in my sig was done with the same chip. I still have it. Can't talk myself into getting rid of it.