Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Sorry... had to let out a little chuckle. I guess time heals all wounds and also lets us forget the last time we juiced our cpu and semi sorta killed it :) Knock wood, I'm sure I'll see that day soon enough!!!

Nice job Catkicker...and much luck Thunda!!!

lol..

Like a disease.. I feel the urge again and I dont think I can stop myself.. besides 939 cpu's are cheap now.. haha

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..

Like a disease.. I feel the urge again and I dont think I can stop myself.. besides 939 cpu's are cheap now.. haha

This is quite true...brings out the big balls and dead brains in all of us :P We just can't help ourselves sometimes...and certainly, not one person can help us from ourselves...Not even intervention :eek: We will find a way to get hold of a computer and tweak it till it smokes!!!!!

Thank's guys. Felt good to spend a couple of all niters in front of the computer.I had this Opteron for months. The new arrival of the 7950GX2 prompted me to

crank up the 165. last real OC'ing I did was the 3500Clawhammer 2763MHz.

Long hours and 7 day work weeks really keep me from spending the time required to get good OC'ing results.

Hi all,

A quick question.... I'm preparing my entry for the OCDB but when priming i cant use blend as it will only use the one core... if i use custom it uses both :/ Any idea's ?? will using custom be acceptable ?

If you want to make sure everything looks and links right, I'd suggest that you save all the stuff into word/notepad and then copy it into a PM and send it to your self or use Preview Post. Makes it easy to check and make changes to prevent accidentally posting a pRon pic of your girlfriend instead of 3D2006 results. :D

acphydro

Please edit your OCDB entry using the template provided by Happy_Games for your bios info. If you have any doubt what your entry should look like take a glance at all the entries above yours.

i just wrote this out once and for some reason it dissapeared when clicked submit :(

basicly my 165 seems to be unable to run at over 289 fsb. ive scoured the forums for settings that work for other people and even with those im getting no luck. whether im missing something i dont know. the opteron is a ccbbe 0610 and their well know for being awsome overclocking chips. is mine just a bad one ? :/

here are my bios settings

FSB: 289

LTD: x3

CPU: x9

PCIe: 101mhz (tried 100mhz)

CPU startup: 1.500v

CPU VID: 1.400v ( tried voltage al the way up to 1.55)

CPU Special 102.4%

LTD Volt: 1.30v

Chipset: 1.50v

DRAM: 2.71v

DRAM Frequency Set: 180 div (wont boot into windows using the 166 or 150 div)

Command Per Clock (CPC): enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl): 3

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd): 4

Min RAS# active time (Tras): 8

Row precharge time (Trp): 4

Row Cycle time (Trc): 12 ( tried fro 7 to 13)

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc): 16 (tried 12 to 17)

Row to Row delay (Trrd): 2 ( tried 3)

Write recovery time (Twr): 3

Write to Read delay (Twtr): 2 (tried 3)

Read to Write delay (Trwt): 3

Refresh Period (Tref): 3684 (tried 3120)

DRAM Bank Interleave: Enabled

Odd Divisor Correct: Enabled (tried disabled)

DQS Skew Control: Auto ( tried increase and decrease)

DQS Skew Value: 0 (tried 221)

DRAM Drive Strength: Auto ( tried lvl 6-9)

DRAM Data Drive Strength: Auto

Max Async Latency: 10ns ( tried 8-11ns)

DRAM Response Time: Normal ( tried fast and fastest)

Read Preamble Time: 9ns (tried 5-11ns)

IdleCycle Limit: 256

Dynamic Counter Disabled: (tried enable)

R/W Queue Bypass: 16x

Bypass Max: 7x

32 Byte Granularity: Disable 4bursts

any help would be appeciated guys :)

i just wrote this out once and for some reason it dissapeared when clicked submit :(

basicly my 165 seems to be unable to run at over 289 fsb. ive scoured the forums for settings that work for other people and even with those im getting no luck. whether im missing something i dont know. the opteron is a ccbbe 0610 and their well know for being awsome overclocking chips. is mine just a bad one ? :/

. . .

any help would be appeciated guys :)

What happened to your sig man, it also seems to have dissapeared?

Edit: oh now its back again, something wierd is happening.