Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Uniformity and consistency. That is the answer.

Big sticky at the top including day updated.

Run it again when you get time.

We'll still be here.

Plus you get to join in the special club for the rest of us that didn't read it correctly the first time. :) Lot of us non-virgins here Bro.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guy's I figured everyone needed a good laugh around here.......... so I tossed up an ocdb entry of my test setup. Stock cooler and an ancient quantum fireball 6.4gb harddrive LOL. Needed to test the powersupply and didn't feel like breaking my raid up until I get a case to toss it in. Check out those awesome 3dmark scores.:rolleyes:

LOL I need to get some SSD entries in there and actually ran them on the ultra d but lost the pics during a reinstall. That harddrive is so slow it is not even funny but everything passed so I figured it might as well get in there. Took it out of an ancient hp computer I have laying around.

LOL I need to get some SSD entries in there and actually ran them on the ultra d but lost the pics during a reinstall. That harddrive is so slow it is not even funny but everything passed so I figured it might as well get in there. Took it out of an ancient hp computer I have laying around.

I dunno but your scores are insane ocnewbie what the hell you're not a newbie!! :D

3d06rv5ut0.th.jpg

GIMP++

ok I'm drunk, bbl enjoy that laugh :)

Ok.........

I've gone through the database entries and can't quite find a good fit. (Couldn't find even one with same Ram & CPU).

Where should I read from here? I'm trying to figure out if I should flash my bios for better performance, but I've been burned before from bios flashes so I'd much rather have an idea of what vers might be a good idea.

I remember reading somewhere here "overclocking guide" I think, where they mentioned bios vers -1 -2 -3 being better suited to different ram.... does anybody know what thread I should look in to find references to that?

I've saved links to the OCDB entries closest to my system and would like to compare the bios vers they used against the list of "what works best with what types of ram".

Hopefully I'm not asking a question that has an answer sitting right in front of my eyes, but I'm not completely sure where to go from here. :)

From my understanding of the rules is that the code tag is very good but as long as the entry have all the info necessary from the bios, its all good. I myself have not had an entry in a while because I am enjoying the results of the OC. I dont think the code tag is required though.:)

From the recently updated rules:

(Updated #4 on September 20th, 2006)

4. Database threads are ONLY for posting your DETAILED OVERCLOCKING SETUP & RESULTS

A Detailed OverClocking DataBase entry will contain this WITHOUT exceptions:

Complete detailed specs, including voltages, timings, bios version, exact model of hardware and exact stepping of cpu, etc. USE THE TEMPLATES PROVIDED!.