Starting to Build Computer, ULTRA-D, AOL?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What OldGuy said. Don't mess with success!

Glad that got you over the hump. You should be 100% now.

As far as understanding how all the components work together, you might want to just google the terms and look for info that way.

Yea everything is working great. Thanks fellas.

I'll post up some pics soon! I've even done a few mods already which i'll tell yea about. hehehe.

Quick quesitons:

In ATItools whats the different between gpu temp and gpu environment temp?

Yea i can't believe how much better building your comp is compared to buying!

Anyone know the different between the two temps?

Also i partitioned my drive, 30 gigs for C: and 130 gigs T:

I want to put all media on the T drive so I figured i'd cut and paste my "my documents" folder but it doesn't let you. Anyone have a solution to this?

The GPU temp is the core temp of the graphics processor.

The environment temp is the air temp around the card.

Yea everything is working great. Thanks fellas.

I'll post up some pics soon! I've even done a few mods already which i'll tell yea about. hehehe.

Quick quesitons:

In ATItools whats the different between gpu temp and gpu environment temp?

Hey piotrgurin...... just searched the forum for "XP-90 and Gigabyte" to see if anyone knew if the heatsink on the back of the card would get in the way of the XP90, and to my good fortune I ran into this thread. :) I have almost exactly the same parts as your sig (see my sig) but am looking at the Gigabyte GV-NX66128DP since I am not a huge gamer yet.

Haven't had a chance to read the entire thread yet, but will soon. I have a bunch of parts that are waiting to get put together :drool: - hopefully this weekend. Your thread and pics should be a big help to me since this will be my first build. May help me avoid some problems.

Kinda new at this so I don't know if I should start a new thread if I have problems or just continue this one? Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Bob

Hey piotrgurin...... just searched the forum for "XP-90 and Gigabyte" to see if anyone knew if the heatsink on the back of the card would get in the way of the XP90, and to my good fortune I ran into this thread. :) I have almost exactly the same parts as your sig (see my sig) but am looking at the Gigabyte GV-NX66128DP since I am not a huge gamer yet.

Haven't had a chance to read the entire thread yet, but will soon. I have a bunch of parts that are waiting to get put together :drool: - hopefully this weekend. Your thread and pics should be a big help to me since this will be my first build. May help me avoid some problems.

Kinda new at this so I don't know if I should start a new thread if I have problems or just continue this one? Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Bob

Start a new thread when it comes time...You will have specific questions pertaining to your hardware and this thread will only confuse people...

I just finished reading this whole thread...took me 3+ hours to go through everything and to take notes. I have never ever seen so many helpful people together in one forum. Very nice!! Unbelievably, so much valuable experiences are shared here. I strongly recommend to sticky it if possible. I am also modding Ed Jacobson's step by step guide with the info I got from here. Will run it by you all soon so that we will have some detail step by step guide with pixies. BTW, Pete I have used some of your photos from this thread for use on my personal website. I hope you don't mind. I am using them on a step by step build guide that i am currently working on.

Its a work in progress and is available here.

Thanks a bunch guys!!

- Rex

Start a new thread when it comes time...You will have specific questions pertaining to your hardware and this thread will only confuse people...

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully the guides and all the great info above will help me through the build. Looking forward to having some fun with it. :nod: