Nforce4 6.53 now available....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having no problems with 6.53.

Installed everything Except the Audio and Firewall & network management crap (yes even the IDE Drivers)

Its been running for two days now with no BSOD's or anything else.

Internet is working fine with the Nvidia NiC (downloaded like 8gb using newsgroups yesterday and not a single crash or problem)

PS Dont ask what I was downloading coz I wont tell you.. other than it wasnt pr0n :D

Heh :).

I just installed the sw ide from 6.53 on my nf2.

It works without any problems.

I benched it and compared it using sandra.

I started up fresh in windows without doing anything else, and waited about a 1min each time before running the 1st test in each driver.

For the 2nd test I waited about maybe 20 secs.

You get the idea.

There was pretty much no diffrence in performance using sandra as a bench, between 6.39 sw ide and 6.53 sw ide.

I guess you would probably best off checking heavy gaming like farcry at high detail with 512megs of ram or lower.

Something that I have'nt done since 5.10 since my video card went to heck.

Anyways works on nforce 2 boards :).

Edit:

Btw, I dn use ntfs at all(Unless perhaps I needed it for dvd9 images sometime later).

I dn use fat16 or fat32 for benching.

I use hpfs, an os2 filesystem using a modified pinball.sys driver off win nt4.

This pretty much is a great way to bench the drive :).

I tested my system for weeks now and had no problem (but not Internet connection since yesterday).

I also made a small LAN to a Laptop(connected to internet) for transfering drivers updates and other files to my new system.

I finally connect my DFI system to internet yesterday through a router/DSL modem all wired.

I had randomly blue screens every hour or so without knowing whats going on.

I saw that nvidia released new NF4 drivers (6.53) and i decide to go with them.

After installing them just browse to internet and .............blue screen again!! :confused:

I think is a very big nvidia drivers issue! (even with the new ones)

I will try Marvell Ethernet to see what happens

i noticed some strange blue screens too lately... (something about HAL)

1 i could reproduce:

when i quitted the game "brothers in arms" it would give an error and blue screen + reboot every time...

i solved that specific blue screen by updating my forceware drivers from 66.xx WHQL to 7x.xx WHQL...

the other blue screens were during installing stuff using remote desktop connection

dunno yet if it solves those other blue screens too, but i think / hope it did

(i know they werent cause of my oc, since the bia blue screen was also at stock settings, and my system is stable at this oc: 8 hours prime, memtest, occt, etc)

Hmm I think I'll wait a bit before installing anything yet. I was frustrated for almost a whole week with all the BSODs I was getting. Finally everything is running fine so I don't want to jepordize that.

Maybe I should install it and not install the new IDE drivers?