Nforce4 6.53 now available....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Thanks... I'll check it out tonight..

"Cythrawl watches his operating system dissappears up its own butthole after installl and makes the universal breaking sound... click" :nod:

HEHEHEH.. thats why we all do it tho, see if it breaks / fixes anything :P

Wonder if we should continue to NOT use the IDE driver? :)

Does anyone use the built in Firewall?

I'll try the IDE out later, just to see. I dont use the Built in firewall as I find it obtrusive, and my Router has a Firewall built in with SPI. I'd rather not have any software (yes even tho it IS supposedly hardware it STILL needs software for it to run) with popups annoying the hell outta me :D

I'll try the IDE out later, just to see. I dont use the Built in firewall as I find it obtrusive, and my Router has a Firewall built in with SPI. I'd rather not have any software (yes even tho it IS supposedly hardware it STILL needs software for it to run) with popups annoying the hell outta me :D

I think angry installs the ide w/ no probs.

I agree w/ ya cythrawl.

I use the firewall....not sure if I can recommend it. The interface is a little clumsy and none of the help sites for games and so forth do not offer specific instructions for it unlike the more common firewalls. I see in the log where it is blocking some traffic in my LAN which I do not want and cannot figure out how to stop. It also is interfering with my network printing and I can't figure out how to stop that, either, on a 9 page document it will print 6 then give up with "this document cannot be printed." I know it's the firewall because if I turn it off it does not behave that way. I believe that the filtering I'm seeing in the log is the source of this trouble.

I also think once I learn this thing I can fix all this.

Seriously I woudnt bother trying to learn it. I would get another less hassle free firewall, or if you want hardware firewall get a router.

I had so many issues with the Nvidia one that I removed it the day I installed it.

System crashes, Internet locking up, not to mention just how much memory the app needed.

Seriously, Zone Alarm free edition is MUCH better than that Nvidia crap.