OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

So i'm back.

My system is stable @FSB270 but not @280 (i run prime95 over night and during this process my system has rebooted and i don't know why but i think it was a BSOD).

I run a memtest 1.51 @280 it's shows only 2 errors but if i set another voltage or setting there are full of errors.

It's the end of my cpu only @2430Mhz? I want to reach 280 stable but i don't know exactly what's wrong at my setting (i think my cpu can hold 2500 or 2600 without any problems).

I have tested your settings but it's the same errors (maybe many settings shall not set on auto).

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi , i have been trying to get my computer set up and running for the best part of a fortnight now. I have had numerous error screens and lots of irratic behviour. I thought i was educated in the world of building PC's, but this is the first time i have come across 64-bit platforms and the estensive memory options that come along with it.

The main problem i am having (which is probably extremely simple to solve) is that i cannot alter my DRAM voltage above 2.6V. I have moved jumper17 to sockets 2and3 to allow upto 4V, but in the bios it says DRAM 2.5V at 2.6V and i can only change it as high as 3.2V, but after a few seconds returns to 2.6V without acctually changing the voltage of the RAM.

I have scoured these forums and found a very useful link to a OCZ forum site, with tables listing the values to use.

I know this is not the most extensive explanation as to what is going on, but if there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

I have not managed to complete windows installation as of yet.

Maybe a bios update could help, but can i do that without having an OS installed? IE could i create a floppy on this machine and transfer it over?

appricate any time spent helping me on this.

Tom

Hi , i have been trying to get my computer set up and running for the best part of a fortnight now. I have had numerous error screens and lots of irratic behviour. I thought i was educated in the world of building PC's, but this is the first time i have come across 64-bit platforms and the estensive memory options that come along with it.

The main problem i am having (which is probably extremely simple to solve) is that i cannot alter my DRAM voltage above 2.6V. I have moved jumper17 to sockets 2and3 to allow upto 4V, but in the bios it says DRAM 2.5V at 2.6V and i can only change it as high as 3.2V, but after a few seconds returns to 2.6V without acctually changing the voltage of the RAM.

I have scoured these forums and found a very useful link to a OCZ forum site, with tables listing the values to use.

I know this is not the most extensive explanation as to what is going on, but if there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

Maybe a bios update could help, but can i do that without having an OS installed? IE could i create a floppy on this machine and transfer it over?

Tom

I am going to guess you have a weak power supply. Please list all of your system components in your signature. That's not my rule, but one that the site has.

From my testing, you need at least a GOOD QUALITY 500w PSU with a 24 pin connector to make this board work. Without a 24 pin PSU you will not be able to use the 4v jumper at all . The power for it comes from the additional 4 pins. A weak PSU won't work either.

You also must set your vcore (VID) at other than AUTO. I suggest setting 1.25v and 123% Special VID for 1.55v to start. Go up or down on the VID as required.

Let me know what PSU you have and about the auto vcore.

Thanks

Tom

I had this issue before with my first Ultra-D. To fix this, I simply flashed to 310 BIOS and then followed instructions from the manual on how to raise VDIMM to 4.0v.

How would i go about flashing my bios? It is not something i have done before, just due to fear of messing around with it. I realise in this case it is necessary, but i cannot run my system at all. I am using my laptop to find out this information, and wondered if i could download the bios update onto laptop and somehow transfer it to the bios on the DFI system?

Tom

i can only get channels 2 and 4 to read memory sticks no matter what i do. i tried telephonong tech support and was told that you have to use either single channel memory modules or dual channel memory modules and depending on which you use, then you have to use specfic slots. i am confused. any help please? also, which drivers do i not install when installinga dfi n4 sli-d board with a lanparty utility disc version 001. on the web for setting up the board per rgone specs. it says not to install nvidia ide drivers, nvidia firewall/nforce network access manager programs or ntune. how do i get around installing those drivers?

How would i go about flashing my bios? It is not something i have done before, just due to fear of messing around with it. I realise in this case it is necessary, but i cannot run my system at all. I am using my laptop to find out this information, and wondered if i could download the bios update onto laptop and somehow transfer it to the bios on the DFI system?

Tom

Hopefully you have a floppy drive available. Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/ and download the driver free disk for bios flashing. Run that file and it will make you a boot floppy.

Next, you need your newest bios from the DFI site. Put the award flash file and bios file on a second floppy. Make sure to write down the name of your bios because you will have to type it in during the flash procedure.

Boot your system up with the floppy boot disk. When you get the A: prompt, put in your disk with the flash utility and bios. Type in awdflash.exe, follow the instructions.

It is recommended to clear your CMOS after flashing new bios.

More instructions plus important FAQ's In this thread

Promie']Just to keep you updated.

I managed to get my board 255 1T stable using the following settings:

Ram_Timings3.JPG

I have successfully tested this with FarCry, SplinterCell (Pandora's) and also some 24/7 Folding at Home...

Thank you for your information but i have FSB270 stable and i want to get FSB280 stable. I can't reach this. Have you tried to get FSB280 stable?

@ kevin1111

Read this and undestand and follow it as basically it is about as GOOD AS IT GETS for a how to setup tutorial. .

Post the brand and type of memory you are using; well maybe trying to use in your signature. If more than one kind post the exact kind and types you have tried.

Don't know what you got from phone to tech support. Sounds a little confusing to me. If you have two compatible ( useable ) sticks of ram and ONLY 2 sticks they go in the ORANGE slots for dual channel operation of the board it is better if those two came packed "together" but no 90% necessary just a d*mn good idea.

Then 4 stick dual channel would be 2 more sticks of the 'exact' same memory as is in the ORANGE slots added to the two Yellow slots. AND all FOUR sticks of memory best purchased at the exact same time so the chances of all four sticks being 'assembled' with similar modules and hopefully closer to the same batch of manufactured memory modules. During all this it is 'best' to leave CPC in Dram Config to AUTO as the memory controller is going to have to swap to 2T to boot the 4 sticks and everytime I have tried 4 sticks BOOT FAILURE occurrs unless the board is allowed to run the 4 sticks at 2T.

You need to study up on what you own and want to use it seems. You need to let us see the memory you have as it may be nearly useless on the DFI board due to memory preference of the board.

One last note and that is the 3/10 bios has been a plus for many users. Helped them out in other words. You might try a bios flash to that bios and see how it helps out if any. The truth of the matter is I pretty much know what I am doing or get hard headed and 'tweak' the crap out the memory timings and voltages and I can get any of the 4 brands of memory I have at the moment to RUN on ANY BIOS. It is knowing and doing and getting the job done is all I can say. And you ever learn it and/or get it close to right with useable memory and the joy will just be astounding. I am running 4 stick DUAL CHANNEL with 2 different brands of memory right now and have zero problems, but I don't pay any attention to this crap of what memory is spec'd for and set it how it runs and get on with my life. I doubt I ever boot the board but once at default settings. I go straight to bios and make changes like I have posted in some places to the forum depending on the exact memory and I am gone to the 'flatout' races.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

i can only get channels 2 and 4 to read memory sticks no matter what i do. i tried telephonong tech support and was told that you have to use either single channel memory modules or dual channel memory modules and depending on which you use, then you have to use specfic slots. i am confused. any help please? also, which drivers do i not install when installinga dfi n4 sli-d board with a lanparty utility disc version 001. on the web for setting up the board per rgone specs. it says not to install nvidia ide drivers, nvidia firewall/nforce network access manager programs or ntune. how do i get around installing those drivers?