AMD64 Turion Mobile

Rabbi

No problem.

Booted up in the DFI NF3 board fine. Even detected it as a Turion 64 MT-34. Looks like these sneaky guys at DFI slipped Turion microcodes into the new BIOS update. :D.

:D OH MAN ....thats very good news :D

Now to find me 1 :D

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No to mention we would all love to know when, where and how much these bad boys are going for. So far I haven't had much luck. My g/f's dad is a reseller and he is looking around but no such luck yet. Once I hear good news I will definitely post.

Vandi423 at XtremeSystems is the one who hooked me up. I believe he can order more from his vendor. If anybody's interested shoot him a PM or email. My MT-34 was nearly $300 (and he was basically selling it at cost, just asked me to cover PayPal fees and shipping of my choice). But then again, he only ordered four. If he can get at least 10 people on board, I think he gets a bulk order discount, so it should be cheaper.

first off give thanks to vandi at xs for hooking us up. next dfi and oskar wu you guys rule. thank you so much for sneaking a little support in for these chips.

third, looks like you guys are going to get the double dose tonight. missed the fedex package today but got to pick it up at around 9 et.

turion numbers are:

TMSMT34BQX5LD

CABSE 0507 GPAW

changed multiplier to 9x and voltage to 1.2 (turion mt-34 default) before taking my 3400 62w out.

here are a few pics:

a64 3400 mobile 62w vs turion mt-34 25w core (size)

dfi nf3 ut250gb boot screen showing support (oskar wu i love you)

90mm silent cat feeding 80mm smart fan into thermalright slk-948u

i will be playing with overclocking and voltage for a little while tonight. i will update when i get the chance.

first off give thanks to vandi at xs for hooking us up. next dfi and oskar wu you guys rule. thank you so much for sneaking a little support in for these chips.

And you If you can show us some results tonight :)

tristancarton, let's shoot for 5.4GHz between the both of us. :D

1.8GHz at 1.1v seems to be about the best I can do. 2.0GHz seems to be the best possible at 1.2v. Hopefully it'll scale better with 1.35/1.4v, because so far these results are a little less than I was expecting.

updates:

-been working for 2.7 at between 1.55-1.65 but can't seem to get it. (my original hopes were 2.7 at 1.5v)

-right now i am super pi 32m stable at 1.55x1.04 @ 294x9=2646. (ram at 2.5-3-3-10 1T 264.6 Mhz) i am testing prime95 small fft and am going to let this go for a while.

benchies@ this clock:

superpi 32M: 29m 18s

3dmark 2001 with x800xt at stock 500/500: 29373 (always a nice score with the 1mb cache)

Sisoft Sandra:

Arithmetic: 12241 Dhrystone, Whetstone 4181/5419

Multimedia: 25245 Integer, Floating point 27149

CPU is staying in the mid-upper 30s © under load. Room temp is around 25 c.

i have alot of stuff i have to get done for school tomorrow but i will try and update if i get any furthur. ff, i hope you start getting better numbers. i wouldn't be very happy at 2.3-2.4 with 1.5-1.65v.

corbu, unfortunately not yet. give me a few days and i should be able to get it close. right now i am a few hours into prime at 2610 1.55x1.04. i keep having to move the clocks down because prime ends up bailing out.

What about 2700 Mhz (300x9)? Is it Prime stable?

For all those I PM'd or Emailed bout the "Turion Project", it looks like it's not necessary anymore... Support for Rev.E silicon is already in the latest DFI BIOSe, probably for the Semprons. The Turions seem to work fine on these BIOSes too, so there is no need to follow this through... if you have been PM'd or Emailed you know what I am talking about, if you haven't... you won't.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to all that put their names forward to help out if it was necessary... NO OTHER FORUM COMMUNITY I have been involved in has ever been so generous. Lets keep this place as it is if not better.

Rabb