AMD64 Turion Mobile

Rabbi

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you are in the same geographic area at least. :) I can't trust a retailer in this country much less lose sleep over one overseas. Now you on the other hand, can go wring someone's neck if they mess your order up. :nod:

So hypothetically the $300 chip skyrocketed $87 bucks. I had better start looking into selling blood plasma. I wonder how much a left testicle will sell for on the black market nowadays?

Just joking.. although it may come to that. :)

The price is “normal” for Europe. Usually what costs 100$ in USA costs 100EUR in Europe + Sales Tax. I know it sound expensive for American folks, but it relative OK for Europe.

About buying one, I was thinking getting the cheapest model with 1MB L2 cache, since this is the OC-ers favorite, the 512KB L2 models are somehow second class compared to 1MB models. They will be available in USA and eventually all over the world, but what is most important is having BIOS support for it ;) . Even if you would have one in your hand it would be useless. The nF3 LanParty won’t be able to properly recognize it.

The idea is to see "if" this would work with our boards without a major malfunction, i.e. compatibility issue. We need Rabbi back in this loop.

I understand the price difference with the exchange rates and all. I remember when I went to Europe for twelve days.. I thought I was going to die when I figured out my value meal at Burger King was costing me twelve bucks! "What? My hamburger alone is seven dollars! How much for a junior bacon cheeseburger please?" If you think gasoline prices are bad here in the US, go fill up a tank of petrol in the UK. That brings me back to selling the testicle again.

They will be available in USA and eventually all over the world, but what is most important is having BIOS support for it ;) . Even if you would have one in your hand it would be useless. The nF3 LanParty won’t be able to properly recognize it.

Exactly what I was thinking. :)