AMD64 Turion Mobile

Rabbi

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure we'll get that bios support. it can't be from dfi tho b/c AMD won't allow any desktop board maker to *officially* support mobile/dtr chips on a desktop mobo. cross your fingers and hope for a good samaritan! it's gonna be very tempting to get one of these as soon as they're available. some faster models will be released later this year.

pretty excited about the revised memory controllers! pretty sure that's what's limiting my overclock at the moment.

where are the oakvilles? i saw one thread awhile back that one guy got one off ebay and was asking about bios support but that's it...

one more thing, will xp-120 heatsinks work with these chips? will it require modding to do so?

thanks, rabbi!

...it's gonna be very tempting to get one of these as soon as they're available. some faster models will be released later this year.

I am going to wait... if these are as good as I am hoping it will be a shame to rely on a multi below 11x

There will be 2200MHz 1MB & 2400MHz 1MB models... all will be this year but some later than others. 2200MHz 1MB 35w is in first quarter I think, and 25w of same chip is 2nd quarter :D

pretty excited about the revised memory controllers!

Hand down! this is what I am hoping for the most :D

where are the oakvilles?

I have seen a few results... it seems they are not SOI, but are 90nm... but that is not confirmed and may jus be people talkin' sheet.

At any rate, some Oakville steppings are nothing great by the looks, and they are all 512kb too... I am not "upgrading" to less cache!

one more thing, will xp-120 heatsinks work with these chips? will it require modding to do so?

ALL Mobile, DTR A64 chips need a modded XP-120 to make GOOD/PROPER contact... the mod is dead easy tho, if that is your main worry I can talk you through it bro

Hmm, very interesting info. I placed my XP120 without any mod. Maybe that’s why I am getting 46-48 C while priming at stock speeds (on the high side for a 62W CPU 1.4V).

How do you mod a XP120 for good contact :D ?

The mounting bracket has 4 "stands".

Sand those ALMOST half way down... leave them a bit LONGER than half of their current length.

I did bout half or maybe a bit further, so it's not crucial, but less is better than more... if you want to make them shorter later you can, but if want them longer its a bit more of a beeetch.

Make sure you do it evenly... a flat table and 80-120 grit paper is all you need.

Ask questions if you have any... I'll help where I can

I think I have a woo... Oh.. nm.. :shake: :nod: :shake:

Im with you Rabbi.. if they are good it will be worth the wait for a higher multi for sure..

LOL... too many guys with wooo.... in the same place!

Is this a BBQ I walked into...

Make of that ^^^ what you will, RGone will punish me if I finish that sentence hehehehe

I posted this up last night but no one took any notice. :( I'm not feeling the love.

Enough pity party..:D I'm very curious about how these will overclock. I would really like to replace my 3400+ that doesn't like to overclock.

so....does anyone know how long it takes for chips to hit retail and online vendors after an initial amd press release?

i would love to get my hands on one and have some fun in my dfi nf3 board. (although like the guys above a want an 11x or 12x multiplier. so maybe i will hold off)