The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kandoo: I play this game and also have MBM5 running in the background while playing. I also notice the readings all at 0 for a few seconds until they update. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling (ive tried installing both apps 1st, then the other) and have not been able to rid the problem.

I would probably go with soundx's

Could be some type of interaction with the games drivers
until a fix is found. Im still trying to figure this one out.

snugglealufacus: Do you have SMART enabled on your harddrives?

Carl: do me a favor and see if you can modify MBM5 for the following ITE monitoring chip:

ITE IT8716F-S

0616-CXS

ZM1CGT L

that is what the ITE chip has printed on it for the new Ultra II-M2 socket AM2 infinity board.

I'm not so worried about 32-bit windows as ITE works just fine in 32-bit XP...it is 64-bit XP that has no monitoring software as far as I can tell...other than Everest which does ok ;)

Thx carl, I'll get with you on MSN (this is the AM2 that is priming in win64) tomorrow ;)

edit: ps here's an attached screenie of Everest latest in 64-bit WinXP, in case it helps!

Carl: do me a favor and see if you can modify MBM5 for the following ITE monitoring chip:

ITE IT8716F-S

0616-CXS

ZM1CGT L

MBM does not nativly support IT8716F, but it supports 8712F (eg. on the ultra-d) - 8716F is pin compatible with 8712F and it is probably even compatible on the register set level so it might be possible to run MBM directly with the ultra-d config files - someone should try it (any disaster that happens is not my fault :P)

Ive reconfigured MBM5 for my system, but I cannot get my Case Fan (Fan 3) to display RPM.

I selected the W836x7HF-3 as the active sensor for Fan 3 but im not getting any read out, in the dashboard. Any Ideas?

I followed the guide (worked on my dfi nf3), but now w/ my nf4 ultra-d I'm getting way off numbers...

My chipset and dram are both NEGATIVE voltages...and my cpu temp is way under normal....what did I do wrong?

Hey guys.

been trying to get mbm to display temperatures of both of my GPUs on my 7950 gtx card (mobo is ga-8n-sli).

i only manage to get temp of gpu1. gpu2 is always 0. What i did is:

a) install MBM5370.exe

B) overwrote data dir with files in MBMDataFinal.rar

c) put files from MBMNVdriver_v7_22_ALL.rar into plugins

d) switch on plug in and use sensors from 21 to 26.

in my case:

sensor 21: video memory clock

sensor 22: video core clock

sensor 23: 0

sensor 24: 0

sensor 25: gpu1 temp

sensor 26: 0

now is this possible to get temp of gpu2 somehow? only tool that gets all this right is EVEREST. Any idea how I can do the same with MBM?

also can someone tell me how to get temperature data from my pc? in terms of programming that is.. how do i access tht temperature data? i want to code some stuff myself.. but no clue where to start... can somone point me in a right direction?