The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Just noticed that the latest version of CBID (Central Brain) Identifier is out.

http://cbid.amdclub.ru/files/cbid800.zip

Central Brain Identifier 8.0.0.8 Build 0606 Final

Central Brain Identifier is designed to provide detailed recognition and obtaining the most complete extended information for all AMD processors. It recognizes more than 40 various models of the AMD processors.

It shows not only the general information about the processor, but also allows to determine its important technical features, such as processor core, core revision, a nominal processor frequency, the date of announce, an OPN number, the components of the PowerNow! Technology and also calculates an XP-Rating for the processors having a Model Number.

The benefits and unique advantages of CBId are the following:

- Complete and precise identification of the AMD processors.

- P-rating calculation and OPN determination.

- The real-time CPU frequency, voltage and temperature monitoring.

- An entering the processor the low power state of Stop Grant.

- On the fly FID transition for mobile AMD processors.

- Performance state tables searching and decoding.

- DRAM timing configuration of a huge number of chipsets.

- An ability to change the feature bits of the processor.

- Quick CPU name string modification.

FSB/DRAM frequency control for the nForce2 chipset on the fly.

- An advanced tuning of VIA V-Link bus speed parameters.

- An enhanced set of tweaks to optimize the performance of DRAM with the nForce2 chipset.

working in x64 Edition as well.

Latest version of NextSensor is also available

http://cbid.amdclub.ru/files/nxsensor.zip

(highly recommended for MBM5 haters) :)

Kudos to VVJ and the crew.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before this my mbm5 gpu sensor was ok, but after i installed

NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver v1.8466 BETA, it stop showing gpu/egpu env temp. anyone having the same problem ?

i tried 7.22, doesnt work.

MBM5 also works in Vista Beta 2 !

good New for MBM5 freaks.

Make sure driver signing is disabled!

Special thanks to my friend and dfi-street member Pyr0 for being the first one to post it!

to prevent vista from requiring signed drivers:

1. launch BCDedit:

customize the start menu and enable the run command

in the run command box, type "cmd"

2. Execute the following command to disable driver signature checks:

bcdedit –set nointegritychecks ON OR

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON

EDIT: If anyone out there is trying to disable driver signing and its not working try replacing the -set with /set, -set didn't alway's work but /set seems to.

3. Reboot the computer

DO NOT attempt to load ATITool or _xhp_'s plug in at this time. they do not work

Everest, ITE Smart Guardian, CPU-Z, and A64 Tweaker also work

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//Vista.JPG

(Just noticed this thread has now passed over 150,000 views - w00t!)

Guest LithoTech
MBM5 also works in Vista Beta 2 !

good New for MBM5 freaks.

Make sure driver signing is disabled!

Special thanks to my friend and dfi-street member Pyr0 for being the first one to post it!

Everest, ITE Smart Guardian, CPU-Z, and A64 Tweaker also work

Cool! I just burned the Vista iso to dvd a while ago, and would have it installing except I've been too swamped with real work. Almost done though, might have it installed before sleep time. :D

Was wondering what I would do in Vista, how I would survive without MBM! Now I'm wondering if the G15 LCD will work lol!

I still don;t have any software for it. Looks like a few things will work, and plenty others to try and test out. Good tip on the driver signing, tyty.

Also found that MS is giving out beta trials of the Office apps too, lots to mess around with there:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/overview.mspx

Few packages in there that I have never heard of and no clue what they are. Going to d/l them much later though, don't want it delaying my install. :D

beep sound from mobo appearing after i replace the config file, restart pc and open mbm. even when i close mbm, the sound still there, i have to restart the pc then the beep sound went off. whats the prob? using N4 ultra infinity, updated to latest bios

Thanks for the help

one of the temp sensors going off I would think.

Problem with Infinity bios is it jumps around and cause (erroneously) MBM5 to think a temp sensor threshold has been exceeded and it sounds the alarm.

You can certainly disable the alarm for the appropriate sensor or all of them if you wish.

Folks get it when they load _xhp_'s excellent plug-in as well as the memory readings (275/1050 or so are still on the temp lines).

Dashboard and "Setting" > temps > Alarm > uncheck "enable high temperature alarm for this sensor"

one of the temp sensors going off I would think.

Problem with Infinity bios is it jumps around and cause (erroneously) MBM5 to think a temp sensor threshold has been exceeded and it sounds the alarm.

You can certainly disable the alarm for the appropriate sensor or all of them if you wish.

Folks get it when they load _xhp_'s excellent plug-in as well as the memory readings (275/1050 or so are still on the temp lines).

If I understand you correctly you think if is going off becouse of one of the GPU sensors? I'd like a confirmation, becouse I can probably fix it it it's me causing it ;)

Hey _xhp_,

what I was saying is that when core and mem clock are first recognized/displayed since they will be reading at approx 275/1050, they cause cause the MBM alarms to go off because they are above the 70 degrre default temp built into the program.

Simply clicking ignore will stop them permanently. Not the plug-in, it's MBM5.

we've got MBM5 working in Vista x64, but can't get your excellent plug-ins too work.

I'm surprized since they work so well in XP x64 Edition.

If you can find the time to look into it (As soon as possible :D ) it would be greatly appreciated. Big Time.

we've got MBM5 working in Vista x64, but can't get your excellent plug-ins too work.

I'm surprized since they work so well in XP x64 Edition.

If you can find the time to look into it (As soon as possible :D ) it would be greatly appreciated. Big Time.

No Vista at the moment - when I get (won't be so soon) I'll look into it...

vistambm58br.jpg

MBM5 just looks so lonely without it

I can't get ATITool to work either (driver won't load)

RivaTuner loads but you can't save the OC settings.

This is in Vista x64 and they is no nVidia control Panel to access so maybe that is part of the problem.

We can get you a free copy of Vista and a legal key if that helps :)

I'd be more than willing to reimburse you for the cost of the DVD via Paypal if you can find the time to work on it. Probably enjoying your free time this summer which I do respect. Thanks for thinking about us.