The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Hi, did you make the fix for this yet?

I use MBM5 to keep an eye on all temps, and thanks to the people that made this possible with the moded "data" file and the plugin for Nvidia cards

I only have one little "problem"

When using High & Low the plugin for SLi cards doesn't remember the max. temp off GPU's like it does with the rest of the settings.

How can I make it remember?

Pelle / PRJ

I would still like to se this funktion work, because I'm having to trubleshoote some problems, since i have 7900GTX SLi on a SLI-D ( GFX very close together )

Still hoping for a fix

PRJ / Pelle

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech
Certainly sounds like the issue. I imagine speed is being controlled ny mobo settings? May want to set MBM5 to "poll" at a longer time.

I have it set to 5 secs, may want to try 10 or longer.

MBM5 sounds like it sensing the fan speed variations as it speeds up and done.

Solved!!

Can't pinpoint exactly what did it, but conjecture:

Set CPU fan to full speed at 26C in BIOs - originally no help

Started playing with the various fan/divider settings again and...

Fan Type 1

Fan Divider 8

Working good. No jumps, stays solid in 2300s.

Changing interval back to 5 seconds now.

Once the fan was set to full speed in the BIOS, all that was needed was the fan type and divider to be set correctly -- it was still on an incorrect setting from previous attempts to settle it down. The current combination works fine as long as the fan isn't being controlled by the bios/mobo.

Guest LithoTech
Dang I love a Happy Ending

Tru dat!

Any idea how the DFI mobo controls fans speed? With voltage modulation? Or PWM?

I was thinking maybe this fan has its own temp sensor, and the two were conflicting. But I doubt this because whne the mobo is giving it full tilt the fan doesn't seem to be varying in speed more than a few RPM. If this fan did have a thermal sensor, it would be slower because the chip temp is real low even under load.

Anyway, glad it settled down as my LCD isn't wrapping info off the screen anymore. And the fan is still impossible to hear over the other abmient noise and fans in my office.

I'm almost reluctant to pull the Freezer HSF to put on the XP-120. It's working so damn good!

But that is the plan next week. I am out of town Wed till Sun the end of this week, family trip. When I get back, I'm doing the swap. Depending on the XP-120 performance, I may just put the Freezer back in. I'd rather not because with the Freezer in my other fan layout switches a bracket to the right side of the case and I don't like it there, it blocks access to a number of mobo areas I need to get at and I don't want to have to remove the fans every time I want to switch the voltage jumper or whatever.

Hey I was hoping somebody could point me to a nice document on how to customise mbm for the cfx 3200 mobo, or if somebody already has done that, because there are files for nforce 4 based mobo's. I'm fairly new to this, I've browsed trought the beginning of the post at all the articles links but couldn't find any connection to my case.

Hey guys & sound. Haven't been here in a while :)

Can someone please post the sensor numbers or information on how to pull the temps off a 7900GTX?

I've tried doing a search for 7900 & 7800 in this thread and couldn't find anything relating to the sensor numbers.

Where in hale have you been? :)

Thought you were kidnapped by gypsies and being help for ransom or something.

Use _xhp_'s lastest plug in version with link in 1st post in thread.

sensors 21 through 26 depending on SLI or no.

Make sure you have dashboard open ALL the way and that you "start" the plug-in.

Reads GPU (no ambient) temp, core clocks (2D), and mem clocks at idle.

Hehe...been pretty busy with school.

Good to see you guys are still taking over the DFI world one MBM sensor at a time ;)

Well, I take it the 7900s don't have an ambient temp sensor. I got core & ram clocks, GPU temp, but nothing else.

System per signature .. HDD smart enabled in bios - followed the tutorial link on setting up mbm5 for hdd smart.

When I get to the point of Temp. device selection, no hard drives show up in the drop-down list.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Chad