The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech

Man, I can't count how many times I've come to this thread for great help and tips.

The LCD display on the Logitech G15 keyboard came up in another thread, and Soundx ask me if I could post some more info on it here.

Well, hell yeah! It's only a fraction of a fraction of what I've drawn from this site, and I've yet to touch on a lot of threads still. So I'm pleased if anything I can contribute will be useful for anyone.

The Goods:

Logitech G15 Keyboard

You'll also need Motherboard Monitor, link in the first posts of this thread.

And you'll need MBM to G15 (mbm2g15.exe), the LCD app that the keyboard will use. Basic setup and settings are here (from a link also in the first post):

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...&postcount=1048

I took it a step or two further, using up a lot of blank space.

The LCD allows for four pages of information, each page can have three lines. I began by modifying the default settings to my own liking, using the other pages to display information in different orders, or more detail.

This all evolved over a few months, through a new build, coming here and getting a whole lot more information from MBM through the DFI mobo (compared to my old MSI), tailoring things even more, and eventually settling on what I've found to be a perfect mix of four pages.

Organising the data is just a matter of entering enough spaces inbetween the fields to keep it legible, and break your lines manually with the #N command (more on that later). Can you tell I like typography? :rolleyes:

Page 1

Line 1: Temperatures for CPU, Voltage Regulator, nForce Chipset, and GPU

Line 2: Fan speeds for CPU, nForce Chipset, and one case fan (top for me)

Line 3: Core Voltage, CPU speed, and CPU Load

Page 2

Line 1: same as above

Line 2: xxx MB ram free, xx% Ram load

Line 3: same as above

Page 3

Line 1: Memory Load: xx%

Line 2: Physical memory details

Line 3: Virtual memory details

Page 4

Line 1: Core Voltage, Ram Voltage

Line 2: nForce Chipset Voltage, CPU speed, LDT Voltage

Line 3: 3, 5, and 12v rails

You can see that page 1 and 2 are basically the same, except for one has fan info the other has memory instead. You guessed it, I use the fan one for overclocking, and the memory one for gaming. :)

I set the voltage page to 4 so that I could hit the button without looking at it, and not miss. The two most used buttons for me are the outside buttons, 1 and 4, or page 1 and 4.

Confused? Here's some pics, this should help. They are in order, page 1-4.

g15lcd1.jpg

g15lcd2.jpg

g15lcd3.jpg

g15lcd4.jpg

Here is the exact code to create the LCD as above:

CPU:#0T° Vreg:#1T° nF:#2T° GF:#24T°#Ncpu: #0F nF: #2F top: #1F#NCore: #0Vv #Cmhz Load: #0C

CPU:#0T° Vreg:#1T° nF:#2T° GF:#24T°#N#1M Mb free #0M% RAMLoad#NCore: #0Vv #Cmhz Load: #0C

Memory Load: #0M %#N#1M--#2M mb phys RAM free#N#3M--#4M mb virt RAM free

Core:#0Vv Ram:#6Vv#NnF4:#5Vv LDT:#1Vv#N3v: #2Vv 5v: #3Vv 12v: #4Vv

There is 4 lines of text, copy and paste them one line at a time into MBM2G15 settings, like so:

mbm2g15set.jpg

While I am at it, I changed a lot of how the MBM data file for NF boards is displayed. Mostly just the fonts, but some of the lables too.

Basically, they were all using the digital font which I didn't like and found garish hard to read. It was good for fan speeds though, giving them emphasis, and I liked the use of color to identify the different types of sensors.

mbmbetterfonts.jpg

You can see here, I used normal sans serif fonts with the already set colors, made the important ones Arial Black, and left the fans as is. It's a bit of tedious work, and I've had to do it twice, but now have the file safe on disk.

Here is the data file, if anyone wants to use these fonts/display setup, but note this is the NF4 data set!

Litho's Font Set MBM for NF4

Great post LithoTech - thanks for sharing.

Can't find any stock locally of g15 but i'll be keeping an eye open after seeing that , unless i get really ambitious & decide to mod an lcd display 4 a drive bay mmm............. :)

cheers :nod:

Otis, my main man! (Animal House)

Just awesome LithoTech. Exactly what we be looking for. :D

I can assure you I will be linking to this post on 1st page of thread.

I know you put a lot of time and effort into it and it is greatly appreciated.

Big tip O' the soundx98 hat for sharing with the community.

One little favor, can you please add one line of "space" between the pics so that everyone knows it IS four (4) seperate pics, and that forum rules specify no pics bigger than 800x600. It'll be just a little less confusion for everyone. :)

(Actually I did the fonts that way so I could see who was using it, maybe we need a tutorial on changing fonts and colors)

Guest LithoTech

Done, good point, never thought of that. I realised when I first saw they were still way bigger than they needed, but didn't have time to edit them smaller last night.

I think there is a blurb about changing the font, I think I saw it last night -- I remember thinking it wasn't there before.

Oh you sly bastige! I noticed all the screenshots with the Digital font! In fact I still have a partition with it set that way, and one other system here like that. I've yet to copy my new settings over and deal with the different mobo stuff. Your "tag" is all over the internet lol! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to usurp it in any way, I'm just being honest that I don't like the font. :angel:

It's a very nice little program when all set up. It can be difficult with mobo's that are less supported, if at all. Same with speedfan.

Supershank, when I first got the G15, they were pretty rare in town, and I got it at the one place that was less than full price. They are still flogging them off at even lower prices now. Aside from the LCD, I love the keyboard, it is excellent quality and touch. 2x USB ports, and cable routing underneath. I tell people that if it ever wore out, I'd get another one.

The only drawback it has, is when the backlit keys are off, such as in the bios or memtest, it is difficult to see the keys, especially in bad light. But if you are a good typer, thats not a problem.

Oh, another consideration, it is wider than any other keyboard. Can be a problem if you use a drawer. Some people can fit it, others can fit it at an angle when they want to store it, others it just doesn't fit.

Some of the guys are having pretty good results using nTune (monitoring portion only), Some say Everest 2.2 (at major geeks), But I assure it's not the programs at fault.

Been testing a new revision of NextSensor by Vitaliy Jungle (VVJ from CBID). I think it may work for Infinity boards but I tested on Standard LanParty and Expert/Venus so far. Same ITE8712F I/O so it may work as well. I'll post in thread when he releases a final.

Still some glitches but I think he is close.

Man, I can't count how many times I've come to this thread for great help and tips.

The LCD display on the Logitech G15 keyboard came up in another thread, and Soundx ask me if I could post some more info on it here.

Well, hell yeah! It's only a fraction of a fraction of what I've drawn from this site, and I've yet to touch on a lot of threads still. So I'm pleased if anything I can contribute will be useful for anyone.

The Goods:

Logitech G15 Keyboard

You'll also need Motherboard Monitor, link in the first posts of this thread.

And you'll need MBM to G15 (mbm2g15.exe), the LCD app that the keyboard will use. Basic setup and settings are here (from a link also in the first post):

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...&postcount=1048

I took it a step or two further, using up a lot of blank space.

The LCD allows for four pages of information, each page can have three lines. I began by modifying the default settings to my own liking, using the other pages to display information in different orders, or more detail.

This all evolved over a few months, through a new build, coming here and getting a whole lot more information from MBM through the DFI mobo (compared to my old MSI), tailoring things even more, and eventually settling on what I've found to be a perfect mix of four pages.

Organising the data is just a matter of entering enough spaces inbetween the fields to keep it legible, and break your lines manually with the #N command (more on that later). Can you tell I like typography? :rolleyes:

Page 1

Line 1: Temperatures for CPU, Voltage Regulator, nForce Chipset, and GPU

Line 2: Fan speeds for CPU, nForce Chipset, and one case fan (top for me)

Line 3: Core Voltage, CPU speed, and CPU Load

Page 2

Line 1: same as above

Line 2: xxx MB ram free, xx% Ram load

Line 3: same as above

Page 3

Line 1: Memory Load: xx%

Line 2: Physical memory details

Line 3: Virtual memory details

Page 4

Line 1: Core Voltage, Ram Voltage

Line 2: nForce Chipset Voltage, CPU speed, LDT Voltage

Line 3: 3, 5, and 12v rails

You can see that page 1 and 2 are basically the same, except for one has fan info the other has memory instead. You guessed it, I use the fan one for overclocking, and the memory one for gaming. :)

I set the voltage page to 4 so that I could hit the button without looking at it, and not miss. The two most used buttons for me are the outside buttons, 1 and 4, or page 1 and 4.

Confused? Here's some pics, this should help. They are in order, page 1-4.

g15lcd1.jpg

g15lcd2.jpg

g15lcd3.jpg

g15lcd4.jpg

Here is the exact code to create the LCD as above:

There is 4 lines of text, copy and paste them one line at a time into MBM2G15 settings, like so:

mbm2g15set.jpg

While I am at it, I changed a lot of how the MBM data file for NF boards is displayed. Mostly just the fonts, but some of the lables too.

Basically, they were all using the digital font which I didn't like and found garish hard to read. It was good for fan speeds though, giving them emphasis, and I liked the use of color to identify the different types of sensors.

mbmbetterfonts.jpg

You can see here, I used normal sans serif fonts with the already set colors, made the important ones Arial Black, and left the fans as is. It's a bit of tedious work, and I've had to do it twice, but now have the file safe on disk.

Here is the data file, if anyone wants to use these fonts/display setup, but note this is the NF4 data set!

Litho's Font Set MBM for NF4

This is exactly what I was looking for. Easy to use and even I adapted it to my board. Had to change a few sensers and delete fan speeds since I WC. But if I can do it (And I know very little about programing) anyone can cause you 2 made it so darn easy to do it. Anyway my question, Is there a way to load it into the G15 profiler to auto start so I don't have to run the exe file everytime?

Guest LithoTech
This is exactly what I was looking for. Easy to use and even I adapted it to my board. Had to change a few sensers and delete fan speeds since I WC. But if I can do it (And I know very little about programing) anyone can cause you 2 made it so darn easy to do it. Anyway my question, Is there a way to load it into the G15 profiler to auto start so I don't have to run the exe file everytime?

Yes indeed!

Open the LCD control panel: right click it in the sys tray and select LCD Control Panel.

In the Programs tab: select MBM2G15.

Click Properties in the lower right of the diologue box.

Now, in the new diologue box, make sure "Program is started by LCD" is checked. Click OK, and you are done.

For some reason, having MBM2G15 actually show up as the default LCD screen all the time is a little more difficult.

I've no idea how I did it, and it still forgets sometimes, but most of the time it does work. I can only speculate that it remembers the last used LCD app and defaults to that when you boot up. But then why does it forget sometimes? /shrug

Guest LithoTech
Hi ..how do you get MBM5 to read the Vdimm ..cant seem to find it anywhere

Thx :)

In settings > voltages; the MBM Voltage Sensor pulldown menu, mine is set to DRAM -- and the Should display board sensor value is greyed out saying MBM Fixed.

For Voltage Configuration it's set to: ITE8712F Standard 4