The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Guest LithoTech
wow, didn't realize that was there. Thanks

YVW!

I know what you mean, Logitech sometimes hides important settings deep away from casual search.

The fact that I got a G5 mouse at the same time as the keyboard helped to complicate it even more, but eventually we discover all the goodies. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to expand the window (the viewing area) of the dashboard? If there is I was unable to locate it in the software and in this thread. The reason I want to expand it is I bought a 7" LCD monitor from soundx98 and I would like the MEM5 dashboard to display on it's full screen.

In settings > voltages; the MBM Voltage Sensor pulldown menu, mine is set to DRAM -- and the Should display board sensor value is greyed out saying MBM Fixed.

For Voltage Configuration it's set to: ITE8712F Standard 4

hmm no i only have ..core 0 ,core 1 ,+3.3,+5,+12,-12,-5 then it goes voltage 8 etc upto 16

@PyRo - MBM5 config file is not set up correctly. Go back and read over 1st post in thread.

@Kandoo - Sorry, you can't expand MBM5 to full screen. May want to try this one trick though. Get H. Oda's WCPUID program here http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

Create a New Folder called WCPUID in Documents and decompress file to it.

Launch program and under "Tweaks" select Real Time Clock. Drag to 7" LCD and maximize window. You should get your MHz reading like this. :)

WaveMasterSmall.jpg

Soundx98, thanks for bringing up the awesome configrations of mbm5!

But I still have a problem with the cpu speed reading. I use RMClock to drop my cpu speed to 1GHz when idle, but mbm5 only shows the startup speed all the time. I tried set up a delay to update cpu speed, no luck. I tried the "update cpu" on mbm5 menu, then I got false cpu speed...Is there anyway to fix that?

@PyRO from down under - Fantastic M8! Glad it's sorted.

Big thanks again to LithoTech for the G15 keyboard work.

Those are some really nice photos. Send camera :D

@aldenyuan - No still haven't found a way for MBM5 to "poll" for MHz multiple times.

But you did remind me I wanted to experiment with RM clock again. Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ _xhp_ , I just got a XFX 7800GT, 1st nVidia card since the GF4 Ti4200.

(Big tip O the soundx98 hat to LazyBum for a smokin deal)

Your Plug-in is just frikken AWESOME my man. I can't thank you enough.

Yes, I did run into the "D-Oh, I didn't read the instructions correctly" problems.

But like MBM5 if you DO follow the instructions line by line it's a no Brainer :)

Once again _xhp_, Thank You from all of us for your contributions to this thread!

Still working on Version #3?

@PyRO from down under - Fantastic M8! Glad it's sorted.

Big thanks again to LithoTech for the G15 keyboard work.

Those are some really nice photos. Send camera :D

yep great work Lithotech :nod:

nothing special really ..Kodak P850 ..but its a nice camera

now i just need an app to tell me how many emails i have

@aldenyuan - No still haven't found a way for MBM5 to "poll" for MHz multiple times.

Well, this is possible with MBM - I managed to get it to work a few months ago (with a simple plugin) but I wasn't too happy with the code so I stopped working on it.

Download here: http://multiterra.mooload.com/file.php?fil.../MBM5CpuMhz.rar

Personaly, I don't use it so don't expect too much support from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ _xhp_ , I just got a XFX 7800GT, 1st nVidia card since the GF4 Ti4200.

(Big tip O the soundx98 hat to LazyBum for a smokin deal)

Your Plug-in is just frikken AWESOME my man. I can't thank you enough.

Yes, I did run into the "D-Oh, I didn't read the instructions correctly" problems.

But like MBM5 if you DO follow the instructions line by line it's a no Brainer :)

:D, but now that you have some experience you can make the instructions a bit better :)

Once again _xhp_, Thank You from all of us for your contributions to this thread!

Still working on Version #3?

Well, I think I'll post something today - it isn't going to all that I promissed, mainly some bug fixes and few new features.

Guest LithoTech

/edit: whoops! I saw a 17" monitor where Kandoo said 7" monitor. Heh, still, one of these graphs could be used full size, no? Jeeze, now I want a 7" in my case! :nod:

Actually, there is a way sort of, but it's not MBM, it just draws the info from MBM. Not sure where I saw it, it's called MBMLog 1.9.8

http://www.stefanlautenbach.de/

Here's a screen:

mbmlog-full8x6.jpg

Link to full size and more screens:

http://www.esnips.com/web/mbmscreens

Once you have it installed, right click it in the sys tray and go to settings. Browse through and flick anything on or off that you understand and want. Then:

Right click it in the sys tray and turn on Temperature, Fans, Voltages and System Usage. It will open a little window for each.

Drag them to your second monitor, and resize them to fit the screen.

Now, back to the settings, you can scale the timeline and minimum and maximum values to make the graphs as detailed as you like.

For those with only one monitor and still want a full screen readout, a nifty method of quickly showing and hiding the windows:

Double click the icon in the sys tray to toggle the graphs on and off.

I love it, and has already shown me some interesting data, like what happens when I take the side panel off the computer.

I've only been using it for a week or so. I turn it off for gaming or serious benches. It's still fun to run with some benches to see how everything is reacting.

Here's what happened when I opened the case:

mbm_temp18x6.jpg

mbm_temp8x6.jpg

The odd thing is while the case was open, the chipset temp went up while everything else went down. Just a wierd sensor reading? The fan graphs showed basically the same thing.

Is there a way to expand the window (the viewing area) of the dashboard? If there is I was unable to locate it in the software and in this thread. The reason I want to expand it is I bought a 7" LCD monitor from soundx98 and I would like the MEM5 dashboard to display on it's full screen.

Guest LithoTech

Woot, nice work! I like!

Now, how/where did you get the DFI logo from? I think I'd like that! I knew you could use or import bmp files, but never really looked into it. Did I somehow miss the walkthrough?

/me scrolls back in thread

Stefanlautenbach's website and program are linked on 1st post in thread under "Additional Logging Programs" about two third's of the way down. But thank you for bringing this great program to the forefront again Lithotech. :)

I think what Kandoo was asking was how to make the MBM5 "Dashboard" display full screen. Don't think that can be done.

Thanks for the info on "polling" CPU MHz speed _xhp_.!