Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Same here, i'am still waiting for a reply about my RMA before i send them back cause i dont want them at all and newegg tried to give me the 30day refund crap.

but i'am trying too dispute it just blows my mind the difference in actions by newegg on these memory modules either it's a refund or replacements depends on how long it took for you to realize you got sold junk..... :rolleyes:

Request a replacement, send them back.. once they realize they can't send you a replacement newegg will offer you a refund or replacement with similar specs, take the refund.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crimson

Well I can confirm, since I have finally received replacements after 25 days.. That these are indeed BL12864Z503.16TD1 as they indicated. We'll see how they perform and for how long.

The PCB revision is still 0411 A.

Batch is CL1116B.WT

PN is 63240

Well I can confirm, since I have finally received replacements after 25 days.. That these are indeed BL12864Z503.16TD1 as they indicated. We'll see how they perform and for how long.

The PCB revision is still 0411 A.

Batch is CL1116B.WT

PN is 63240

Coolio, please post your results here if you get a chance... I'm very anxious to find out if these are similar chips performance wise to the older ones.

i know that i read vdimm of 2.8v somewhere. but just confirming: i had to up the vdimm again from 2.7v to 2.8v (initially 2.6). that should not be a problem, it's still safe, right? i know that the RAM is dying, i just want to use it till it's no longer usable and then RMA at newegg.

please let me know. thanks.

Request a replacement, send them back.. once they realize they can't send you a replacement newegg will offer you a refund or replacement with similar specs, take the refund.

Yea gonna do that today getting tired of waiting for a responce from NewEgg...... :rolleyes:

This morning i decided to start it up and play with it this morning and i got it running but way under what it can really do. I'am gonna run some prime and memtest first before i open my mouth.. and see if it will pass anything i'll see what happens. I was looking for the setup i thought i saw in the Database with the same CPU/Memory but now cant find it so i could try those settings. But guess will just try little adjustments at a time.

My Stock CPUZ Pics

I just revieved my RMA from crucial today (3/1) and I also have the BL12864Z503.16TD1

I am wondering if I should leave these sealed up and try to sell them and get something like the G.Skill. Not sure what to do, but I also was given the "we figured it out and have new modules" line from Crucial.

My backup Ram is pretty nice. Runs 248 at 22257. Good ole Mushy LVL One Winbond CH5.

Hell!

BL12864Z503.16TD1

CL1116B.WT

Same as Crimson

Running on my "new" DFI SLI-FR-Expert

250 1:1 3338-10-13 1T @2.60vDIMM set in BIOS-MBM5 says 2.66v-BIOS says 2.71v I have to get me a decent DMM!

Opty 165 w/ TR-SI 120 with a 96CFM evercool pushed as far as it can so its over haniging both RAM modules (love the layout on this board)

The P-180 Antec case has perfectly positioned exaust and blowhole right over the RAM for as good airflow as one can get without resorting to something nutty

I'm going to go to 180 or 166 divider and run a better CPU OC at the same RAM Lats and speed once I'm done with a bit o' memtest and superPI.

I'll post results. The real test will be the six month mark as everyone seems to die around 3-5 months or even less.

I hope I don't regret this, took Crucial a month to get me my RMA, but what the hell you can't be an OCer without Risk, and I've been lucky so far so I can't complain.

Yeah get rid of the ballistix. My 4th set just failed. I got some of the Gskill from newegg and i'm running 290HTT at 2.6volts. I dont think I'll even try to take them up any higher. They stay much cooler than the ballistix too.

Hell!

BL12864Z503.16TD1

CL1116B.WT

Same as Crimson

Running on my "new" DFI SLI-FR-Expert

250 1:1 3338-10-13 1T @2.60vDIMM set in BIOS-MBM5 says 2.66v-BIOS says 2.71v I have to get me a decent DMM!

Opty 165 w/ TR-SI 120 with a 96CFM evercool pushed as far as it can so its over haniging both RAM modules (love the layout on this board)

The P-180 Antec case has perfectly positioned exaust and blowhole right over the RAM for as good airflow as one can get without resorting to something nutty

I'm going to go to 180 or 166 divider and run a better CPU OC at the same RAM Lats and speed once I'm done with a bit o' memtest and superPI.

I'll post results. The real test will be the six month mark as everyone seems to die around 3-5 months or even less.

I hope I don't regret this, took Crucial a month to get me my RMA, but what the hell you can't be an OCer without Risk, and I've been lucky so far so I can't complain.

Thanks for "taking the plunge". I should be getting my TD1s next week and I'm very excited to hear your results.

I got one of these kits in December, and just today I discovered that one of my sticks is erroring in Memtest. Is it worth dealing with Crucial's RMA if these things seem to die quite regularly? What would be a good replacement? Mushkin RedLine or OCZ EB Platinum?

thanks

-silent