Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I feel your pain... I hate it when things don't work.

I notice both of you have dedicated soundcards. Is your onboard sound disabled in BIOS? Try disabling it. You could also try removing dedicated soundcard as the next step and then observe system behaviour.

Mine isnt a massive problem, Its only on full pelt on BF2, It probably is down to the HD not been upto the job with the swap file. Or more than 2GB needed but dont think its that lol. Probably is down to this memory for both of us.

ANd i dont use onboard sound lol. My sig says with M-Audio Audiophile 192 (£150 card) with M-Audio BX-8's. On board audio is off on mine.

I pretty certain my set of ballistix will fail withing 3 months, its 1 1/2 now and just little things here and there, But these things could also be the excellent OS microsoft like to grace us with :shake: lol

Probably is down to this memory for both of us.
Yes that is the most probable cause, I'm afraid.

ANd i dont use onboard sound lol. My sig says with M-Audio Audiophile 192 (£150 card) with M-Audio BX-8's. On board audio is off on mine.

I think it is possible to run 2 soundcards at once :), as long as there is no hardware conflict of any kind (?) maybe not.. haven't tried it myself. Maybe I'll just pop in and old Soundblaster Live! 1024 and try it out.

I pretty certain my set of ballistix will fail withing 3 months, its 1 1/2 now and just little things here and there, But these things could also be the excellent OS microsoft like to grace us with :shake: lol
You never know, do you :)

Quick question? Can someone verify what NewEgg Sent back as their RMA? I thought i saw in this thread or another that they were returning Non-Dual Channel Sticks as replacements and i want to see exactly what they got back. Reason why i asked is i just called NewEgg to ask them what the RMA Repair was the Same Memory or Different type or Just newer modules. And basically i was told that i would get 2x1gb sticks Of "NON DUAL CHANNEL Ballistic memory" . Well thats not what i payed for or ordered and before i play games with NewEgg i'd like to see what others got back.

It all pretty much the same stuff, i doubt any extra testing went into creating 'Dual Channel' packages - it's just marketing BS IMO(ram manufacturers can correct me if i am wrong - if they are reading :P). You could take any 2 sticks of same brand/model ram, and they will run together just fine - as long as they are tested at same timings, speed and voltage, they are pretty much matched. It sucks that they (newegg) still has the singles in stock - i just rma'd mine yesterday... still haven't recieved anything via email from newegg though.

Guest Crimson

Don't feel too bad, Crucial has had my sticks for 18 days now and has not shipped replacements. They keep pushing the ETA but insist it should be any day now. They did supposidly upgrade me to overnight shipping when they get them in, but who knows when thats going to be.

Don't feel too bad, Crucial has had my sticks for 18 days now and has not shipped replacements. They keep pushing the ETA but insist it should be any day now. They did supposidly upgrade me to overnight shipping when they get them in, but who knows when thats going to be.

In the UK they have next day anyway so i persume its the same in america too. YOu send them one day, they come the next, 48 hour RMA, makes a refreshing change