Cloning

MadMax

are you for cloning of against it  

22 members have voted

1. 1. are you for cloning of against it

• yes to cloning
    • no to cloning
    • not sure

im for cloning but i need some help on my pro con paper about cloning so if you could give me and opinion that would be cool.

I'm not for exact genetic replication and manipulation as for making a Clone Army like Star Wars, but I am with organ replication for people with diseases and cancer and such. Stem cell research can lead to giant leaps in medical science such as organ replication. If somebody needs a bone marrow transplant, future technology might allow doctors to take a sample from the patient and grow an exact copy from his body in a lab, thus making a donor list obsolete. Patients won't sit around waiting to die while sitting on a waiting list for a donor. People with kidney failure, heart disease, even the sight and hearing impaired can be helped.

Only bad thing to cloning is, how can we stop some mad scientist in a 3rd world country from learning how to do it? Some disgruntled rebels in a hell hole in the corner of the planet may suddenly emerge with a huge army. Somewhat far-fetched I know, but with all the organized crime syndicates like Russian mafia's or even Collumbian drug cartels have the funding and resources to lead to something like that.

Just my ranting on the subject... :blink:

That sheep was cloned like 5 years ago. Cloning research has come a long way since 5 years ago. They've done a cow and something else since then as well.

ok thanks guys. but what i don't understand is why people are so affraid of clones. did you know that human twins are more geneticly the same then dolly was to her clone. so we arent even that close so why is it allready banned. and another thing that really pisses the AAHHHHH out of me the why stem cell reserch was baned. that could save so meny people its not even funny. i feel like beeting the hell out of the guy who suggested the ban of stem cell reserch. God that mothe @#$@er

Im for yes if it is stem cell reasearch. If they can save lifes by just a few stem cells its worth the controversy. Like a great philosiper once said: "The lifes of the many outweigh the lives of the few." ~Lt. Spock. but im not for the cloning of humans to be used in like organ farms.

Edited by General

Well we wouldn't need to make clones to make organ farms. Organs can be grown in a lab. Kind of like how hydroponics works for plants. Have the organ in a tub of goo with some hoses plugged into it.

With twins, it's naturally occuring, it just happens. Cloning is specifically trying to make a copy of a human being, what would we do with the clone after we made it anyway?

I said no to cloning because although you can duplicate and animal or something, you can't clone its personality... for example if you cloned your dog that was dying, yes it would be genetically the same, but the personality would be different. I didn't have a chance to read all the posts yet so I hoping I am not repeating what someone else said. :D