Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Soundx98: currently my mobile 2500+ idles at 35c @ 10x250 1.85 volts and temp barely sratches 40c even under heavy load. My 2600+ mobile, however, was hitting 45-47c @ that o/c using 1.775v volts. Part of me REALLY wants to try the cpu and run 11x245 (2600+ only needs 1.85 for that) daily, but I am scared that temps will spike so high. However, these temps were also reported on the day that my last lpb went up in smoke, so I am not exactly sure if they were valid. Thoughts?

I think you got TWO rockin chips since you are doing that on air!

Seems after 2300MHz my mobiles start running a lot hotter and need a lot more voltage. Especially if CPC is on and the FSM is over 230MHz. It also seems to me (and you know I ain't no genius) that the chips have begun to require MORE Vcore as they have aged. But certainly running at 1.95v has not hurt them or the board. Everyone want to keep temps in the 30s at idle and 40s at load but realistically low 50s is quite common from the various users. I remember your board issue but thought it was determined to be a PSU prob.

I am total agreement with RGone that using too little voltage is the reason so many boards fail prime 95, have probs booting to windows or slow windows loading.

Spoke with Hellfire earlier and after he gets throught with some tests this week (prolly more like a cute college co-ed) he'll attempt to finalize the latest (and he said he's had some fantastic results) and hopefully get it out for the weekend.

Speaking of bios's..... just want to mention, TicTac has made some serious progress on NF7-S bios. He has a D10 varient with cpcOFF now that I just broke 250Mhz with. Seems the world has learned alot from Oskar's work and Hell's work, etc. They wouldn't have gotten this far without DFI showing the way.

Not that I want to go back, but this sure makes my backup PC peppy as hell.

It peaked at 248Mhz x10, but went farther on x8 multi. Im still exploring. This is a heavily mod'd NF7-S, I really need to break down and take the plunge mod'ing the Infinity...3.4-3.5Vdimm and Vcore mod's need doing.

Goes to show how the higher the FSB really impacts the max core-clock you can have at a given Vcore....its a big influence. Im going past 250Mhz with Vcore of 1.95 (bios) for tests.

Originally posted by soundx98

I think you got TWO rockin chips since you are doing that on air!

Seems after 2300MHz my mobiles start running a lot hotter and need a lot more voltage. Especially if CPC is on and the FSM is over 230MHz. It also seems to me (and you know I ain't no genius) that the chips have begun to require MORE Vcore as they have aged. But certainly running at 1.95v has not hurt them or the board. Everyone want to keep temps in the 30s at idle and 40s at load but realistically low 50s is quite common from the various users. I remember your board issue but thought it was determined to be a PSU prob.

I am total agreement with RGone that using too little voltage is the reason so many boards fail prime 95, have probs booting to windows or slow windows loading.

Spoke with Hellfire earlier and after he gets throught with some tests this week (prolly more like a cute college co-ed) he'll attempt to finalize the latest (and he said he's had some fantastic results) and hopefully get it out for the weekend.

Just swapped my 2600+ back in...I *think* my temp issues have been fixed. However, my cpu currently isn't stable at 11x245 @ 1.85 at the moment like it once was...I think a little settling in should be the cure. Nonetheless, all is well. Currently running at 11x240 @ 1.85 volts with the hopes that a little burn-in/practical use will allow for my once higher overclocks.

deception``

Hi all. new to this forum. I OC'd my rig about 6-8 months ago but just got some new RAM so I'm back in the game. My head is spinning from reading (skimming) this entire thread. Can someone net it out for me? Which Bios would you recommend with this setup?

DFI LANPARTY NFII Ultra B - 1/31 Bios

AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2600+ @230x11 @ 1.85v

Vantec Aeroflow CPU fan

2x512 Kingston HyperX PC3200 2.5-3-3-7 @ 3.0v CPC Off

Antec TrueControl 550w PSU

2x WD 200GB 7200rpm 8mb cache SATA in RAID 0

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Audigy2 ZS Platinum

sounds like

3EG Rev. 3

or

8KA rev. 2

are my best bets but a little confused about the "don't use the SATA drivers" disclaimer since I'm running SATA in RAID 0

Thanks in advance for any help.

-NJJ

Really? I thought 3EG rev. 3 was more stable than 3EG rev. 2 and should be OK with 2x512 since 3EG rev. 3 and 8KA rev. 2 are both based on 1/21 RS table.

This quote from Hellfire on page 29:

Originally posted by Hellfire

They should work fine with 512MB too, since it is based off the 1/21 rs

(see, I did read the thread)

-NJJ

I just noticed this trend around here. Look at the sigs. I also remember some people having found the rev.2 to be best and most stable for their 2x512MB. For me, all of them worked fine (3EG rev.2 and 3 and 8KA rev.2) and I have 2x512MB. Have you seen http://pub.lorenz.bei.t-online.de/winbondlist.htm ? You might have Winbond BH5, BH6 or CH5 and your RAM timings should not be that loose if so. Just trying to help and sorry if you already knew this.

Originally posted by soundx98

Tell him to hurry up! My girlfriend will be back Sunday evening. I won't have time to play with my other love anymore - and that is for a long time. ;)

Originally posted by HootyMcBoob

I just noticed this trend around here. Look at the sigs. I also remember some people having found the rev.2 to be best and most stable for their 2x512MB. For me, all of them worked fine (3EG rev.2 and 3 and 8KA rev.2) and I have 2x512MB. Have you seen http://pub.lorenz.bei.t-online.de/winbondlist.htm ? You might have Winbond BH5, BH6 or CH5 and your RAM timings should not be that loose if so. Just trying to help and sorry if you already knew this.

Yeah, thanks. no bh here. I have the 3200A/512 sticks. I got them for $85 each. I did not want to spend the extra $110 for the KHX3200K2/1G kit. Believe me. I tried to run at 2-3-2-6 which is what this RAM is rated for but I needed to loosen timings above 200FSB and up VDIMM to get it stable. Now just looking for a new bios to squeeze another 10-20FSB. 250 would be nice but I'll settle for 240.

-NJJ