Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Did the same thing but now I realize that the kind people here pointed out that under Doom3 and UT2k4 this system rocks harder with 10-20MHz (and IMO 30MHz) and CPC on. Makes all the difference. i also think that trying uwackme's burn-in method works with these boards, not only the WinBond TSOP's. I have noticed this to be true for the last 9 months of trying various HW, 5 CPU's, 3GB dual channel RAM and other hardware (on the sisters) for several different systems I have built. I keep changing my sig because of it. Burning 3 DVD's and moving 20GB files right now while typing this and still doing folding@home. I really like to up it when beating up my systems so Ican be assured they won't crash when it counts. System temps are 36 and 49C with the side open but I am having troubles deciding where to cut it off and back it down when it comes to putting the side on it. Then temps skyrocket to mid 40's and near 60'sC repsectively. Oh well. Maybe I should keep pushing this bad boy... or take soundx98's advice... hmmm, that is the question...

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HellFire could you do me a huge favore

i love the shutdown and warning temperature things

but i can only use bios 1/21 cause of onboard audio probs with the bios's that are any newer when over 200FSB

i know i've heard about his audio prob from other before

im at 250X10 right now

but which i could use your bios

if you have any archives or any other ideas to fix this prob

it would be greatly appreciated

thx

He's currently studying like me... not so much time for modding or posting.

So please be patient. He told me, he's working on a new rev though.

I will be able to test it first, so you'll get the chance to test it soon. ;)

I tested the rev 2 bios and it doesnt work at all, it boots fine and all that but once you get to where it should load the OS, it just shows a bunch of goobly gosh! If that'sa phrase heh.

I'm gonna test the rev 3. It seems that my bios savior doesnt work too well but it makes for easy Hotflashing thankfully i have 3 extra bios chips. I'm also willing to test some bioses for you if you need more testers.

I really need something other than this 11/27 bios It's the only one that seems to work and I cant install my phase changer cooler untill I find a working moded one, I've heard that neg temps on a stock bios wont boot.

i'm currently doing 10x250 at 1,825vcore. Pretty good if you ask me. To be sure i might set it to 1,850 vcore.

The mem is also doing very fine (see my former posts). I can hardly wait for the kingston hyperx pc3200 bh-5 1gb kit to arrive. Maybe it outperforms the mushkin pc3200 lvl2, but that i'm not so sure of :D

My current mushkin pc3500 lvl2 1gb kit now runs on 11-2-2-2-2-9-12-e-e-f-d-2-3-3-3-3-3-4-6-7-6-7-6-7 at 3,30 vddr. I've done several memtest test 5 burnin's, fsb250 and fsb255, total run of more than 25 hours, all without a single error. Sounds almost to good to be true (but i'm not lying).

Cheers

hey guys, if my games crash, but my comp doesnt freeze, what does that usually mean? do I need more vcore? agp? vdimm???

cuz right now im trying to get 240x11 stable. at 1.975 in bios, 3.2vdimm, 1:1 ratio, 1.6vagp, 66 agp

just thought i'd hear your suggestions. :D

Originally posted by FlyingHamster

hey guys, if my games crash, but my comp doesnt freeze, what does that usually mean? do I need more vcore? agp? vdimm???

cuz right now im trying to get 240x11 stable. at 1.975 in bios, 3.2vdimm, 1:1 ratio, 1.6vagp, 66 agp

just thought i'd hear your suggestions. :D

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=1751

See uwackme's post (#4) for a possible explanation.

This is a bit offtopic guys...

[offtopic]

Nice post btw, see if I can get more from my rig with your advices :nod: Also, it can be vcore instability on your rig... FHamster, what's your PSU specs?[/offtopic]