Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

ok got the Asus P5WD2-E Premium rig (Pentium D 930 @ 3750Mhz, 7800GTX, full DD watercooling, CM Stacker case, etc) hooked up today, and set the other 19" Widescreen LCD to it (effing ONE DEAD PIXEL GRRR hehe)

new_desk3b.jpg

ah...mighty Soviet Computing Power Room!

ps: the wood cases from DD have been around for a long time and they are fantastic (you really have to see one in person to appreciate just how awesome they are...anyone that has been to PDXLAN and touched one with their own hands knows what I am talking about)

ps: the acrylic cases that ExRoadie was complimenting...they do work with air cooling also, and CPU Killer has a version that is purely for air cooling (cooling slots maximized for air instead of water)

Roadie is right about the quality...sure everyone has their own opinion of what is cheap looking etc, but as he has pointed out, the quality of the build is something you can see in the pics...and you really will understand the quality of them once you have one in your hands (it's like a Lian Li or CM Stacker case...you see all kinds of pics and they look great and of high quality...but it isn't until you get one in your hands the first time that you REALLY appreciate just how awesome they are!)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps: the wood cases from DD have been around for a long time and they are fantastic (you really have to see one in person to appreciate just how awesome they are...anyone that has been to PDXLAN and touched one with their own hands knows what I am talking about)

oooh sorry :O

First time I've been on the DD site, just fantasising about w/c lol :)

Here's my really standard PC set-up lol...

dsc00161sz4.th.jpg

Booooring I know, but functional ;)... hoping to get a 19 or 20" widescreen soon, and some decent speakers, starting to notice the flaws in these Creative 5.1s, although they're not that bad:)

Nice set up H_G *fumes with jealousy* :P

well this is the first time I've ever mounted the speakers up on the walls like they are in the pic, and I have to say that not only is the music incredible in this setup, but playing games like Titan Quest and Day of Defeat is simply freaking AWESOME

since I don't have rear speaker stands yet, I just put my rear speakers on my two tripods for my camera/dv cam and place them strategically behind me and holy smacks does it sound fantastic!

the only thing I am lacking is the Logitech Z series that are like 400w or more haha

oooh sorry :O

First time I've been on the DD site, just fantasising about w/c lol :)

Here's my really standard PC set-up lol...

dsc00161sz4.th.jpg

Booooring I know, but functional ;)... hoping to get a 19 or 20" widescreen soon, and some decent speakers, starting to notice the flaws in these Creative 5.1s, although they're not that bad:)

Nice set up H_G *fumes with jealousy* :P

Which 5.1 sound systems are those? The Creative Labs T5400? Well, they all look the same, but have you noticed the volume level going up and down in games? I have that problem, so i need to get some new speakers, hehe.

Erm I think they're the T5400 yeah, although they could be the T5900...

only difference is the centre speaker, mines the landscape orientated one lol :P

Nope! just your problem lol :P, UT 2003 with EAX enabled sounds great, but music quality is a little off, I want some Logitech ones :)

@H_G, What speakers are they?

When I got my Logitech Z-5500's for the Home Theater, I demoted my Z-680's to Lab duty. They're now on my main rig Aileen.

The sounds in HL2 and FEAR still scare the crap outta me from time to time.

So I got me hands on 7" Widescreen with Dual Video Inputs

soundx98-amd.JPG

Oh yeah. AMD inside

soundx98-cnn.JPG

The Wolfman and Rudymeister on CNN while surfin da web

soundx98-2506.JPG

WCPUID "Realtime Display" Tweak on da 7 incher

Those are some crazy modification/customized hardware man!!! One day i will be just like you, i'm trying right now man....i'm trying.... ;)

Those are some crazy modification/customized hardware man!!! One day i will be just like you, i'm trying right now man....i'm trying....

hahaha, no man you don't want to be like me. Trust me.

I am trying to scrap some money together to put a 15" on the closed side of the rig.

It would be the shiznit.

Guest Timmay
nekon_pc7bpc_4.jpg

Is there a reason that you haven't got the memory plugged into the same colour slots?

Erm I think they're the T5400 yeah, although they could be the T5900...

only difference is the centre speaker, mines the landscape orientated one lol :P

Nope! just your problem lol :P, UT 2003 with EAX enabled sounds great, but music quality is a little off, I want some Logitech ones :)

@H_G, What speakers are they?

Logitech X-620's (i finally had to get down there and look at them when hooking up the 2.1 Monsoon system to the Asus rig)

pretty awesome 6.1's but I never even hook up the rear-center speaker (it is stuffed in a box somewhere lol)