Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Alright then, these are photos of my creation. Not a Lan Case, but a full tower floor model. Since I dont really dont have an Artistic Flair I just build them sensible, practical, first class at least imho.

Comp19.jpg

Comp18.jpg

Comp17.jpg

FullSetup.jpg

Ive been asked to try and build a Lan Case. Now I feel motivated to do so, after seeing what has been posted here recently.

It will be built mostly of 1/4" acrylic with perhaps a 3/8" top and bottom with some corner bracing for rigity. It will be of a conventional case shape a have perhaps two external drive bay slots. Im open to suggestions for features.

Should it be mainly an air cooled design or one dedicated to water cooling?

What would be the optimal placement of the On-Off/Reset switches, up high on the case or down low? Would a Lan case be placed on the desktop or on the floor? Give me some input and I will get to work.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Blooz1

Excellent job, Dragoe!

I'm not usually a fan of acrylic cases, but that's outstanding!

Alright then, these are photos of my creation. Not a Lan Case, but a full tower floor model. Since I dont really dont have an Artistic Flair I just build them sensible, practical, first class at least imho.

Comp19.jpg

Comp18.jpg

Comp17.jpg

FullSetup.jpg

Ive been asked to try and build a Lan Case. Now I feel motivated to do so, after seeing what has been posted here recently.

It will be built mostly of 1/4" acrylic with perhaps a 3/8" top and bottom with some corner bracing for rigity. It will be of a conventional case shape a have perhaps two external drive bay slots. Im open to suggestions for features.

Should it be mainly an air cooled design or one dedicated to water cooling?

What would be the optimal placement of the On-Off/Reset switches, up high on the case or down low? Would a Lan case be placed on the desktop or on the floor? Give me some input and I will get to work.

Very nice! I personally like the clean room, we both are neat freaks, unless you just did that for the picture! :(

Note: I got the PC Probe 2 working on his computer, but it's a crazy memory hog, uninstalled it. Thanks for your help man..... :)

Logitech X-620's (i finally had to get down there and look at them when hooking up the 2.1 Monsoon system to the Asus rig)

pretty awesome 6.1's but I never even hook up the rear-center speaker (it is stuffed in a box somewhere lol)

I was just down at Best Buy looking at the X-5300e which is nice, but i'm looking for a wireless/bluetooth setup. That was going for $200+ (Best Buy is very very pricey) but it's a very good sound system if you'd ask me. On Newegg it's going for $115. :)

Happy_Games, I'm not sure if you answered this but I've been admiring those shots of the water cooling setup you made for a customer. I was wondering what additives you put in there to give the water that color? I'm planning my water cooling setup and I've been considering getting that MCT-5 or 40, but I want to know what you used to get such a beautiful color in that setup. I know I know, it should be function over form, but whats the harm if I can have both? :D

Happy_Games, I'm not sure if you answered this but I've been admiring those shots of the water cooling setup you made for a customer. I was wondering what additives you put in there to give the water that color? I'm planning my water cooling setup and I've been considering getting that MCT-5 or 40, but I want to know what you used to get such a beautiful color in that setup. I know I know, it should be function over form, but whats the harm if I can have both? :D

the red color is just Xerex in distilled water

the UV green is Xerex + distilled water + UV dye

the blue is a product called "PC ICE" that looks like electric blue raspberry kool-aid lol

CPU Killer sent me some new XP Fluid that is blue like that too but I've not had a chance to try it out yet

Ahh. I've seen PC ICE at the danger den store. Its supposed to be anti algae and contain lubricants but no anti-conductive stuff in it :( I would definitely buy the stuff but I am SO scared of having conductive liquid in my setup.

Here's my Crossfire Rig...More to come when I take some of the SLI Rig as well..

dsc000271yw.th.jpg

dsc00023do6.th.jpg

dsc000228iu.th.jpg

And yes, for those of you wondering what I'm going to do with all the space. I'm going to be putting in watercooling in the next couple of months, when I get some time.