Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Ahh. I've seen PC ICE at the danger den store. Its supposed to be anti algae and contain lubricants but no anti-conductive stuff in it :( I would definitely buy the stuff but I am SO scared of having conductive liquid in my setup.

I never worry about it

I've had conductive fluid drip from the cpu block down into the PCI-E slot with a 6800GT running in it, which then of course dripped down into other PCI slots etc and the only thing that happened was the motherboard rebooted and got stuck on the black POST screen saying CMOS Checksum error (the rig is still running 100% 4 months later)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never worry about it

I've had conductive fluid drip from the cpu block down into the PCI-E slot with a 6800GT running in it, which then of course dripped down into other PCI slots etc and the only thing that happened was the motherboard rebooted and got stuck on the black POST screen saying CMOS Checksum error (the rig is still running 100% 4 months later)

I did a little more research on this PC ICE stuff and it actually seems to be non-conductive. I'm kind of confused because DangerDen is known for their honesty in product descriptions and say "Danger Den doesn't market/sell PC ICE as non-conductive. Do not allow PC ICE to contact any electronic components." Perhaps they are just trying to cover themselves against lawsuits from angry water coolers or something because all these reviews I'm reading have tested it and shown it to be non conductive. That puts me at ease I guess. I'll stop hijacking the thread now :P

@dab

Great setup in your Antec P-160 case. I turned my drives around as soon as I put everything together and saw how much space was left behind the drives.

You might want to take the two unused drive trays out. This will increase the airflow around the drives.

I've had my case since they first came out and it's been the best overall case I've ever owned. I especially like the stealthed floppy and optical drives.

I'm on my fourth build in the case and getting ready for the fifth when I get my AM2 DFI board.

Thanks for the tip Ex-Roadie. :)

While I was taking them out my friend sitting here says he told me to do that months ago, heh I should listen more carefully.

I just ordered a Coolermaster Centurion 534 for the next build, it was on sale. I like the sleek silver look, and the price is right at about half what my P160W cost! :D

I tried some cable management on my armor because I found these little holes on the non-windowed side of the case so you can run cables behind the tray. The probelm though is that theres barely any space between the mobo tray and the side panel and the holes are pretty small. I pretty much ended up trying to pull rounded ide cables in all different configurations while calling my computer unspeakable names. I am terrible at cable management, so props to you s10man69.

I'll give ya some. Absolutley Stellar wiring dude! Very clean install Love It!!

I need a new case wish the CM 810 price would come down like say under 200 would be nice.

Thanks man...

Check out the prices over at SVC.com man..they got some good deals...

Nice! You running the ViewSonic VX922? Sweet LCD bro! MX518, yeah!!!! Gamerz Wanted!

Note: How could i forget man, SMOKE FREE....!

Smoke Free.. hehe.. I have Panty hose on the rear Intake, and the front has the stock case filter installed. The PSU and various openings are the only outlet, so effectively all of my intake air is filtered. And the pack of belmonts on the left.. leave no trace on my expensive toy. This is the coolest ghetto mod I ever learned, and I hope some of you find it useful. See how easy it is to hide too.. just a zip tie over the cable, and trim it up clean.

My new build Lian Li V1200.I still have some wire work to do yet,not sure which ones or which color iam going to use.Components are listed in siggy.No they are not DFI yellow IDE cables.LOL.I purchased them from SVC.

charger055ko2.th.jpg[/url]

charger043qh1.th.jpg[/url]

charger047qy8.th.jpg[/url]

charger039ny8.th.jpg[/url]

charger056il1.th.jpg[/url] Accelero Cooler

Thanks,

The last few years i've been sticking to lian li's.I have 2 now,the v1200 & a PC65 also.I just sold my 3rd 6077 which was a good case.What disapointed me about this one was,it did not have a pull out motherboard tray like my 65 & the 6077 did.It also does not have a reset switch which i use much overclocking.I'm going to buy one and install it in a drive bay cover.