Toaster Sigs (NF2/AthlonXP ONLY!)

Originally posted by THunDA

Are those tccd chips ?

From what I've read and understand from the guys at OCZ, over at bleedinedge.com these sticks are indeed TCCD. My first 2 kits(RMA) :D had the OCZ logo stamped into the heatspreaders.

First let me clarify those 2 RMA's! :D The first one, I purchased the wrong DC kit for at the time my NF7-S rev2 board. I purchased a set of PC3700 EL Gold. I could only get them up to 238, besides that I was getting over 300 errors looping test #5 memtest at 200 at rated timings. Although I had purchased them from newegg and they should have gone back there, OCZ let me RMA them direct and swap them for them PC3200 plats. A stick went bad for the second RMA. I got data corruption while overclocking and attempted to reinstall winXP. The install would crash and burn during copying files to my HD with both sticks installed. I was able to reinstall XP with the remaining good stick.

The new set has the raised black/silver OCZ logo on them. I was under the impression that these were those "new voltage loving" TCCD chips OCZ was/is making the PC3200 plat rev2 with now. However, while trying to get 10*250 stable the more volts I gave em the quicker they failed prime. In disgust, I set them at 2.6 and they flew through prime with no probs...I wonder if I loosen my timings to 2.5-3-3-xx or more if I could run stable with more volts, resulting in getting more than 250fsb from these sticks? Right now I can't do more than where I am now, 250 is it...251 is a no go, prime reboots my system even at 2.0v vcore, 3.3v vdimm.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if you got 250 @ 2.6 you don't have anything to worry about, lol -- i have to go to 3.2 vdimm to get 250 stable =. doesn't really bother me too much though, i've got active ram cooling, lol (that was more of a joke than a serious jesture)

Originally posted by Angry_Games

lol its cool Rabbi...i think what we are going for, and might not be clear to you or a lot of ppl, is that we are not trying to speeds that are not reachable.

on the NF2, the concensus was 250FSB and 2500Mhz was pretty tough to come by for a while when they first came out. So many were only hitting 240FSB, or 248FSB @ 2420Mhz etc...and it was driving them crazy so 250/2500 was a good deal. It was reachable by a LOT after some good tweaking, or owning BH-5 (and it still could be a challenge then). And this was before the mobileXP came around so it really should be changed to say 2600Mhz now...but...it will stay as-is.

on the A64 side, things are different. 2.2Ghz A64 is a heck of a lot more than 2.5Ghz on AthlonXP. 2.2Ghz is easy to get to.

2.5Ghz on A64 isn't seeming too tough either. Maybe 2600Mhz would be a good place...there's a decent number able to do 2600Mhz, but it seems a lot harder than getting 2500Mhz.

as for FSB...275FSB is gonna be tough. But not real tough. RG can do 287FSB 1:1 with his Ballistix. A few others are able to do 300FSB 1:1 with their Ultra-X or other excellent RAM.

thing is, haven't really sat down and put a LOT of thought into it. Kicked the idea around with you guys off and on since right before the NF3 LP board came out. Now Ben has his NF3 running and Max7 running and a surprise im gonna show you in another poll-thread after i post this.

so its time to get chompin and decide as a community what is going to be 'challenging'.

If 100 say 2400Mhz or 240...im gonna say no...because 240/2400 is just not hard to get at all. Let me change hard to challenging. I mean it might be challenging for some...but for the majority of us (and I'm @ 250FSB 1:1 without a sweat and I just popped those settings in first thing when i went to overclock so it wasnt a challenge) it wont be.

If someone says 350FSB 1:1 or 3Ghz then again I am gonna say probably not...those plateaus are nearly unreachable by everyone except a few elite clockers.

and the toaster/blender sig isn't meant to be a total elitist thing...its meant to show other community members that those who have them are top clockers, and if this guy replies in your thread when you are trying to get a toaster/blender, you should give his words some weight as he was able to clock higher than you are ;)

and we want a lot of users to have a toaster/blender. Having a lot of users have one when it is pretty challenging (but not impossibly or even incredibly) shows that we, as a community, have helped a large number of clockers get more than they expected out of their boards, and at the same time, that we more than likely helped them get it when they might not have gotten it without some guidance, tips, suggestions, etc.

now as for timings...we never required any specific timings on the NF2's as 250FSB was a challenge regardless of your timings. 2-2-2-2-2-2-2- on BH-5 was pretty easy, but not everyone had bh-5, and even those that did sometimes had some challenge on HOW to keep 2-2-2-2- and 250+.

same for A64...toaster/blender will have to be gotten at 1:1 DRAM frequency. No ratios here. Not even for the Mhz requirement...you will still have to be 1:1 as this is the big stress on your system.

If you cant get 275FSB 1:1 on 2-2-2-2 timings, but you can on 3-4-4-10...then that is just as stressful.

And A64 mhz is more important than anything. A64's are gonna have ability really to do any Mhz that your RAM is able to do with it's integrated controller (as long as you keep the HTT speed to what the cpu can handle....and the HTT can handle 1600+ Mhz so thats not gonna be a factor for a long time!).

but its hard to get your DDR to crank up to DDR550 for most. CPU wont be limit on that, just your DDR running 1:1.

Mhz is important as I said. A 2600Mhz A64 is simply flying. Regardless of how much mem bandwidth you getting from it, 2600Mhz is catching your hair on fire almost hehe.

thats exactly the point with the NF2 toaster sigs...not everyone can get one...only the guys that can overcome the challenge of the requirements. Some have no problem and do it easy. Some struggle for a month and finally get it. Some poor souls are still cursing trying to get it lol.

so

let me make another thread and we'll discuss all of this without taking up too much more space here so this thread can get back to NF2 users wanting their toasters ;)

So where is the thread or what is the deal w/ nf3 users wanting a toastie?

I like this style:

Sig.jpg

I guess the text on the side would read:

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B

Athlon XP-M 2600+ @ 250x10

2x512MB OCZ PC-4000 Gold Rev 2

BBATI Radeon X800Pro VIVO

2x80GB Seagate SATA RAID 0

NEC 8x DVD+/-RW DL

Lian-Li PC-65B

The name on the bottom left should be GotAMD

Thank you so much:cool:

EDIT: And obviously I'm on a Lanparty, not Infinity.