DIY-Street Folders - Make The Switch!

AnUnknownSource

Is it normal for the task manager to show four instances of the smp fah client running even on a dual core processor? I'm so confused! Task manager shows four instances of fah running with processor allocation evenly distributed amongst the four, but I've only got an E8400?

Edited by wevsspot

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SMP client is made for quad cores essentially, but it works just as well on dual cores :) It just mean that it is a four threaded program that will take advantage of up to four cores, but works just as well on two.

Hey guys! I'm joining the team too :). Looks like I'll be playing with the SMP client soon. Just running the basic one at the moment.

:thumbs-up:

I guess I'll be capitalizing on having my electric as part of dorm rent ;).

What is your time per %? You got that wolfy clocked pretty high, im quite curious.

Ellis, excuse my folding noobness. I don't even know how to check that. Care to tell me and I'll let you know. Be forewarned though, I had several work stoppages on my first WU (by choice) but still finished it in under 48 hours - I think.

Edited by wevsspot

Guys, can anyone link to a stable SMP client in for Windows? I got a version the other day, but it was corrupted and I believe that there were some issues with it. I'm happy to fold in the daytime (when at work) and overnight (when I sleep).

Not done it for years, but I leave my computer on 24/7 for network purposes, so figured I should fold again, seeing as I don't pay the electric bill in my house ;)