DIY-Street Folders - Make The Switch!

AnUnknownSource

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome to get you guys on the team :D Although I am nowhere near the top contributors (used to be there... 4000+ PPD :(), I do put whatever I can get to folding ;)

Good to be here :) I should be good for around 2500-2700PPD. I want to get a quad for my server, but that is a few purchases away (monitor first, then GPU) unless i can get a smokin deal on one.

EllisD,

You can mod your folding sign code and add http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea...?s=&t=12772

It need to go into places then when you click the img it will take you to the EOC stats.

I tried quite a few different things, but i always got an error when i put something between the tags because it didnt have a valid extension. I think this board is coded a bit differently then the street.

EDIT:

You did find all the banners? http://hardnrg.clawz.com/php/folding.php

Yea, i found them thanks. Was just seeing if there was a way to use the Extreme Overclocking one. I liked all the info it gives.

Hey OCC FAH team. I've got my first workstation switched from DIY over to OCC. I'm using the SMP Client, pretty new to it since I've been running the GUI client for years going back to the MSI RedRockets FAH team.

I switched to the SMP client to increase my output (or so I hope).

Any pointers on command line switches? Specifically those that will pause and then close the client while I'm doing other task intensive work on my pc?

Does a work unit have to be completed before the configuration manager will allow you to choose a FAH sig?

Would also like to know if there is an app that will allow me to minimize the command prompt box in the taskbar to something a little more appealing on the regular toolbars menu.

Edited by wevsspot

Are you using the regular windows SMP client? Or did you go the VMware route?

With the regular windows SMP client, you shouldnt need to run any command line switches. The only thing you need to do (which im sure you have or you wouldnt be running it) is to run install.bat. Once that is done and F@H is running, it should automatically throttle back when something else demands CPU cycles (F@H should be set to its lowest priority by default)

I believe a work unit must be turned in before you are entered into the database that the OCC signature generator uses.

Not sure on minimizing it to tray (if thats what you want to do), i dont do it myself.

Exactly I was encoding a movie today in TMPGenc and it was using 98%, 2% for Firefox and the SMP daemons were still running idle. Not sure about the first WU thing, mine works and I hadn't turned any WUs in when I had left home for work.

I went with the regular Windows XP SMP client. No VM.

I'll try to use the OCC signature generator again. Last time I tried I got an error message that the member wasn't recognized or something along those lines. You guys know me. I'm anal about anything running in the background that I don't have full and complete control over - especially when I'm getting my arse kicked in BF2 or COD4. I was hoping there might be a trick for pausing a work unit and completely closing the client while I'm gaming.

Cheers.

Edited by wevsspot

That generator is pretty cool, is there a way to use our own image?

I made the page that has the images... what was more difficult was making the dynamic image generator that combines images with text to output an image...

but... because it's SO expertly coded now :lol: it's fairly easy to make new images... seriously... ok, here's a code extract for the one I'm using (#7)

// *************************************************************************
// FUNCTION: add text to an image with alignment: left (default), center or right
// PARAMS:
// &$img : pointer to the background image (image)
// $x : x-position of the text (int)
// $y : y-position of the text (int)
// $font : location of the TTF font (path)
// $color : color of the text to be printed (image color)
// $text : the string being printed (string)
// $textSize : the point size of the font (int)
// $align :  "left", "right", "centre" (string: default="l")
// RETURN:
// (void) function : image passed by reference, thus modified directly
function f_imageTextAligned(&$img, $x, $y, $font, $color, $text, $textSize, $align="l")

(...)

case 7:
			f_imageTextAligned(&$im, 405, 15, $verdanaBold, $white, $name, 8, "right");
			f_imageTextAligned(&$im, 405, 25, $verdanaBold, $white, $scorecommas, 13, "right");
			f_imageTextAligned(&$im, 405, 40, $verdanaBold, $white, $labelrankordinal, 7, "right");
			imagepng($im);			// PNG used for exact colour presentation (pseudo alpha)

all you really need to do is create an image, and define text positions (x, y) for the folding data with the font type/face/color and horizontal alignment... it's a lot simpler if you use verdana or arial either normal or bold...

here is my original design with example text:

foldingimage3smallpm3.gif

here is the plain background image ready for text to be placed on it:

fh7mz4.png

just make sure you design the image and text placement so that the text is readable and fits on the image for long names and large numbers... load up the plain or example image in an image editor, read through the example code, and see where the pixel position stated is on the actual image, from memory, it's at the top edge or corner at the point of alignment (e.g. top-left corner of text for left alignment)

make an image, define the text properties, and then you can submit it to me to add to the dynamic image code, if it works properly and looks good...