DIY-Street Folders - Make The Switch!

AnUnknownSource

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an C2D OS X Server, C2D Vista Business workstation and Win2k3 P4 1.7ghz box.

Mac is using the latest OS X beta client, Vista is using 5.04 and I'm not sure what is running on my 2k3 box.

Ellis, excuse my folding noobness. I don't even know how to check [the folding performance]

Wevss, to check the time per %, just look at the command window where the program is running. It should be keeping track of your progress through the WU (work unit). It will also have a timestamp at the beginning of every line (in UDT time, which is what stanford goes by for this project as i remember). You can simply find 2 lines where the % goes up, and see the difference between the time stamps to find your time per %.

There is a MUCH easier way to check the folding performance without even thinking... FAHMon

fahmonhi8.png

ignore the *Hung* message for my X2 3800+, it's because the time is not 1:1 in VMWare, so it thinks it's hung based on the time calculation... sometimes it shows it right, probably at the first stage of each step... the PPD of my Q6600 is accurate though! 4500+ PPD from one machine! 8x450=3600, 450 @ 4-4-4-12-1T :)

you can monitor all the computers on your network too (have to set up Samba for Linux or VMWare/Linux on other machines)

For the OS X and the Vista one, are you running the SMP client? :)

SMP on the OS X, I don't have it running on the Vista workstation because thats my work machine and it only has 1 gb of RAM right now...I've got 4 gigs on the way though :)

Haha, yea. That Totally slipped my mind at the time. Thanks for adding that.

On another note, YAY! Looks like Jachyra switched over to 12772! Another of our top producers over at the Street

Bout time :P

I think I speak on behalf of all the Folders/ex-folders (due to lack of rigs) of OCC, thanks a lot for joining our team! :) Back when I joined we were 22nd sport worldwide, I think that is quite high! We're down to 27th, but with the extra PPD from you guys, I'm sure we can conquer some places again!

:foldon: :foldon: :foldon:

I'm thinkin that we have the capability of breaking 1 million Points Per Week.

The EOC Stats page says we have been close a few times (within ~150k) and with the new additions, it shouldnt be a hard goal to reach.

:foldon:

lol, sure they do :P

The top 4 teams are above 1m PPD. [H] is tippin 1.5m even!

They also have over 1000 more active users than us, so meh :)

Does the FAHMon work with SMP version 5.91?

I can't seem to get it configured to work properly. I'm pretty sure I'm adding the correct client, but whenever I load the client into the monitor I don't get anything but a blank "n/a"

You should point it at the main fah folder (where you installed it), not the "work" folder if that is what you were doing.

Also, play around with the update settings in the options. Some options make it so it doesnt update until it has ran a few %, while there is an option for quicker updating IIRC.