Mario Kart Wii

Silverfox

I love Wii bowling. I think my best score is only about 235. I think Jammin beat that on my copy though ... sod. Don't you hate it when your friends come to visit and ruin your high scores?!

If you have more details, I'd be very interested. Would be a good way to have a good laugh :D

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man....

Definately looking forward to some kart action just as soon as A_G get his copy....gotta warn you though my wife is pretty good at the kid is even better....lol

I'll be a strong runner up for last...

Thanks man....

Definately looking forward to some kart action just as soon as A_G get his copy....gotta warn you though my wife is pretty good at the kid is even better....lol

I'll be a strong runner up for last...

Well, races are extremely unpredictable, especially with the frickin' blue shell (leader shell). Unlike the N64, it doesn't go along the ground and take EVERYONE out ... it flies above the track and takes out first place only :lol: I raced online and was 9th the whole way around ... last 5 seconds of a lap ... someone got blue shelled ... I stole 2nd place :D

But ... give me coin runner or balloon battle, and you'll be sorry ;)

well, the Kart league will have a webpage and stats and all that junk...I mean, we are all nerds here right? Nerds without stats are just jocks (or stoners). Bowtie is sending me a second copy that he bought because he knows I'm poor. Once I actually get it in my hands and play it a little bit, I think the league idea will form more solidly in my head and I'll have better explanation for it.

Here's a link to the crappy little page I made with Excel and converted to HTML for our old Candystand Bowling League (hey, winner got a DFI Infinity K8-M800 MLVF s754 motherboard, second place got something...maybe a broken stick of EDO RAM or such, third place got a t-shirt with underarm sweat stains but it had a cool OCZ logo...except it looked more like an OCMLD logo with the marinara stains lol.

http://www.angrygames.com/bowling.htm

No prizes for the first bowling league, but if it's popular, I can guarantee I'll blackmail Dave or bowtie's mom into coughing up something better than an opened envelope or a ball of masking tape as a prize. It will work (for Wii Sports bowling) on the picture system...meaning you don't show picture, you don't get score. Which also means we'll have to work on the honor system as anyone can fake some pics, or have their ultra-nerd 5 year old cousin score continuous 298's, or just have him score a single 298 and then submit the same pic 19 times. It is just a game, and until there are prizes involved, it's not really too serious (hell, even with prizes, it's a bit serious but not THAT serious...unless it's a Porsche 911 being given away, then it becomes a friggin BLOODSPORT heh).

Mostly it's for fun. Over at the Street we've gathered together about 10-12 really good (mostly all in their 30's or above) guys who like to play games WITH people, not against (ie we don't do the vs thing much....we are into co-op since we are old and can't win against young punks). Happened to see the Kart thread here and thought I'd ask if anyone here would be interested in both Kart league as well as bowling (how can you not like bowling??? We all have a little redneck trailer-trash in us, and we've ALL watched ESPN2 on Tuesday afternoon at 2:30 PM and seen some damn bowling tournament or other).

The only thing that is annoying is the stupid friends codes for Wii. I have a 360 and it is light-years ahead of Wii when it comes to online service...mostly the friend's list is what we miss (and voice chat while playing like we get on Live). We'll get through it though. I'm going to try and rent the Brunswick Bowling or whatever the other retail bowling game is for the Wii and see if it has any multiplayer component(s) which would make it easier to do leagues, but harder to get players because that's more money you have to spend to join our elitist, snobbery bowling league.

Anyway, too late, must sleep and hide in bushes to ambush postman because I DEMAND that my Kart be arriving in my mailbox tomorrow...

Edited by Angry_Games

Yeah MK can be a bit of a pain with the wireless gaming, but, there's nothing stopping some organising offline and someone taking charge etc.

Deciding teams is a bit tricky though - I don't know if this is possible manually? But it's good that even battle mode is team-based. You might lose as a team, but a good individual performance will give you increased points.

Racing in teams is a weird one ... not tried it yet, but seems like it'd be fun. Don't forget that you can get two people online from each console ;) maybe if I ever convince jammin to move up North he can play too? Pfft. We'll see.

Let's see how it all goes. I want to play against geeks on the Interwebness. I must assert my manly-geekiness.

My name is Jack and I am a 23 y/o geek. Shoot me now.

Sounds like fun, I'll have to remember to write down my friend code the next time I'm online and I'll post it up. Fun game and races can be quite unpredictable lol. I'll head over to DIY Street and check that stuff out.

hrmm...I was under impression that we could have up to 4 players per console (tv) online...but I'll find out hopefully today when Kart gets here (or I'm gonna al-queada dr_bowtie for sending it on slow boat to china)

hrmm...I was under impression that we could have up to 4 players per console (tv) online...but I'll find out hopefully today when Kart gets here (or I'm gonna al-queada dr_bowtie for sending it on slow boat to china)

Pretty certain it's only 2 I'm afraid. Sucks, yes, but meh - 2 is better than 1.

well scrub....what the heck??? The longer I own the Wii, more disappointed I am with it. Sure its a great machine and has some great games and is fun...but the online thing seems to be an afterthought (compared to PS3/360). Nintendo is all about friends and fun, but they seem to have made it very hard to have online friends and fun =(

ah well, no worries...we are still going to have a League.

Got a few other extremely important things we are working on that need to be done first, but by the weekend sometime we'll have more info on where we want to go with this.

PS you don't have to reg at the Street, bowtie and I will keep the info flowing here as well.

If anyone has ideas/input on either the Kart league or the Bowling league, please post and let us know. We are always open to ideas!