Occ Worm

I think horizontal is actually easiest. For vertical, so someone starts with a landscape, with a sky above and dirt below...it's very hard to get something that'll blend nicely without resorting to underground tunnels and lairs and such, over and over again. heh.

Also, we need to lay some ground rules. We can't have two people working on it at the same time, otherwise it'll get screwed up. The images will also tend to be a lot more elaborate than the "photoshop tennis" game, and thus we can't expect someone to finish their "section" in a day.

I propose that a person posts here stating "I'll do the next section" and then they have a week to complete it....if they finish it earlier than that, great...but if a week passes and they do not submit their section, then someone else can jump in and post that they'll be taking it over.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Lego, are you going to be able to host it in a similar manner that bluesfear did...posting each section individually with the names of the people who did it underneath? I think that's cool, as you can see where each section broke off initially.

Alrightly then:

• 600x400px
  • 8bit
  • Photoshop CS3 readable lossless format
  • Horizontal
  • 1 Week Maximum per tile
  • No NSFW content
  • Make it look good on a black background

Yeah I'll try and arrange it like bluesfear :)

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrightly then:

• 600x400px
  • 8bit
  • Photoshop CS3 readable lossless format
  • Horizontal
  • 1 Week Maximum per tile
  • No NSFW content
  • Make it look good on a black background

Yeah I'll try and arrange it like bluesfear :)

I have CS3, but does everyone else? I'm not even sure what you mean by "CS3 readable lossless format". Me, noob? I think we need to stick with jpg because bmp's and png's will get extremely large in filesize, no?

EDIT: And I propose Peter starts it off since it was his idea :)...if he declines, then you should start it off since you're hosting :)

I have CS3, but does everyone else? I'm not even sure what you mean by "CS3 readable lossless format". Me, noob? I think we need to stick with jpg because bmp's and png's will get extremely large in filesize, no?

The problem with using JPG or any other lossless format is that the beginning images will be compressed over and over, resulting in them looking like crap.

A standard PSD will work fine for passing around though it will get fairly large pretty quickly. Another option would be using straight bitmaps (BMPs) since they use lossless RLE compression.

I mean if I get sent a lossless format that's readable by Photoshop CS3 (PSD, PNG, etc) I'll then convert them all to the same format for the worm...

We don't go adding to the same document, just upload your 600x400 section, which will then be added.

I mean if I get sent a lossless format that's readable by Photoshop CS3 (PSD, PNG, etc) I'll then convert them all to the same format for the worm...

We don't go adding to the same document, just upload your 600x400 section, which will then be added.

Adding to the same document is far easier IMHO, but I'm not making the rules.

Adding to the same document is far easier IMHO, but I'm not making the rules.

Not for the purposes of posting it online. You want to download a 100mb file and then upload a 102mb file after you're done adding to it?

When it's your turn, save the previous tile to your computer

Open the image in photoshop and expand the cavas size to the right 200% (or 1600px total). Now work in that new space, then when you're content with what you have, crop it down to 800x600 (removing the old "left" tile), save it and post it here and/or send to suchu.

Easy peasy.

Not for the purposes of posting it online. You want to download a 100mb file and then upload a 102mb file after you're done adding to it?

Eh, I'm spoiled by fast internet I guess. :P

A large BMP wouldn't be that size though.

Eh, I'm spoiled by fast internet I guess. :P

A large BMP wouldn't be that size though.

I download more than a meg a second...that's not the point.

And a 1280x1024 high quality bmp is 3-4MB in size. Now imagine this game really picks up and we have 50 entries...the file size will quickly add up AND it'd also be tougher for suchu to maintain if it's just one big file, IMO.

Anyways, as I said, I think peter should start it. Maybe we can use this thread for general comments, but we should create a new thread called "Official OCC Worm" or something like that, and maybe a mod will be so kind to sticky it.

• 3 weeks later...