Forum Wars 2008 Info Thread

neddamttocs

Easy to set up, and ORB now lets you have more than one score public for each benchmark at a time now for the free versions.

Previously you had to make a score public, and get it verified by a cop before you could submit a new score.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For anyone interested in how the SuperPi scores for the competiton are calculated, they work as follows:

This is the calculation I've come up with for SuperPi scoring:

226275/SQRT(Score)

So that's 226275 divided by the square root of the score, which gives a graph that looks like this:

graph-1.jpg

As you can see, it means the score doesn't increase in a linear fashion, but increases more sharply the lower the time is.

The number is 226275 to adjust the scoring so 8 secs = 80,000pts

30secs ends up around 40,000 (41,312 to be exact)

If you could get as low as 5 secs that would be around 100,000pts

There is no minimum score with this method, but anything over 30secs doesn't incur too harsh a penalty.

Hope that is satisfactory. :)

Edited by jammin

I should have my Scythe backplate delivered tomorrow... somehow I lost the one I had... it might be in my room, or I might have left it on the back of a DFI mobo that went off to RMA lol

They will be there the next time it gets updated. :)

There are a couple of scores to be added to that as well.

All scores go through a temporary database before hitting that spreadsheet.

ok so none of the 3dmarks wall let me submit my scores???? I am running xp service pack 3 I dunno if that has anything to do with it but I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?? see screenshot

post-26607-1204685778_thumb.jpg

ok so none of the 3dmarks wall let me submit my scores???? I am running xp service pack 3 I dunno if that has anything to do with it but I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?? see screenshot

Check your connections (firewalls etc.)

If your connections works just fine, then it very well may be SP3.

always save your result.

you can submit it at a later time.

the orb has been quite spotty lately since they are in the middle of a live beta... :unsure:

it is quite possible it was nothing on your end.

Check your connections (firewalls etc.)

If your connections works just fine, then it very well may be SP3.

yeah and no matter how far back I try to do a system restore it won't go away! oh well looks like I'm using vista for the forum warz!

Also I click on the scoring link at the beggining of this thread, and it keeps saying that it does not exist?? is there a different one? can someone post a link to the scoring thread so I can post before it's to late??