I submit the following for approval

razor

hey guys,

I'm playing around w/my RMA replacement 7900 GS - which is going right back due to heat, fan, and shutdown issues. right out of the box, it produced a "bumble-bee" like sound whenever I was using a 3-D performance profile, then it just up and shut down during a 3DMark06 run - and now the fan isnt working at all...BOO EVGA...

so, I was futzing around over at TechPowerUp! and found this nifty little video card torture test app. it's kinda like ATITool's fuzzy box, except it's a fuzzy ring - and it rotates! super cool...anyways, here's the link to the OpenGL Fur Rendering Benchmark. I'd select "stability test" and un-check "fullscreen". was hoping that this would prove as useful to others as it has to me - and that maybe it could be included in the next update of "Essential OC Software" :thumbs-up:

I actually found out about the RMA card's fan not working because of this test - my good card stayed right around 44 C, while the RMA hit 72 C in less than a minute. same stock coolers on both, AS5 applied Thursday afternoon...BOO EVGA...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys,

I'm playing around w/my RMA replacement 7900 GS - which is going right back due to heat, fan, and shutdown issues. right out of the box, it produced a "bumble-bee" like sound whenever I was using a 3-D performance profile, then it just up and shut down during a 3DMark06 run - and now the fan isnt working at all...BOO EVGA...

so, I was futzing around over at TechPowerUp! and found this nifty little video card torture test app. it's kinda like ATITool's fuzzy box, except it's a fuzzy ring - and it rotates! super cool...anyways, here's the link to the OpenGL Fur Rendering Benchmark. I'd select "stability test" and un-check "fullscreen". was hoping that this would prove as useful to others as it has to me - and that maybe it could be included in the next update of "Essential OC Software" :thumbs-up:

I actually found out about the RMA card's fan not working because of this test - my good card stayed right around 44 C, while the RMA hit 72 C in less than a minute. same stock coolers on both, AS5 applied Thursday afternoon...BOO EVGA...

Yeah thats a pretty sweet tool there! I just did a benchmark and got 5000 marks with my 7950 gt ko superclocked edition!

Yeah thats a pretty sweet tool there! I just did a benchmark and got 5000 marks with my 7950 gt ko superclocked edition!

Hmm, at what res and settings? From what I can figure, your score is just the number of frames that you render over the course of the benchmark. I get 1000(approx.) with my 7900GT(Got for free :D:D) at 1680 and just barely more(1052) at 1280 and that's with everything at default. No AA, full screen, and set to benchmark with a 60s run-time. Now I know the 7950's are better than the regular vanilla 7900's but you'd have to average around 80fps to get that high of a score and and I'm only averaging 17-20fps. I simply refuse to believe that the rig in your sig performs over four times as well in that benchmark compared to my system with my heavily OC'd 7900GT.

furbenchmarkthingyog8.th.jpg

7600 with a 2900XT and a Quad. Phil, there's NO WAY you got 5000 with your rig :rolleyes: Lego/suchuwato should have had more points than you

@ Jedi, you need to run the timered benchmark to compare :)

@ razor, did you apply AS5 to the RAM? Cause those funny pad things on the RAM are there for a reason. There's usually a gap between the cooler and the RAM, so the pads will usually do better than AS5 applied to them.

Hmm, at what res and settings? From what I can figure, your score is just the number of frames that you render over the course of the benchmark. I get 1000(approx.) with my 7900GT(Got for free :D:D) at 1680 and just barely more(1052) at 1280 and that's with everything at default. No AA, full screen, and set to benchmark with a 60s run-time. Now I know the 7950's are better than the regular vanilla 7900's but you'd have to average around 80fps to get that high of a score and and I'm only averaging 17-20fps. I simply refuse to believe that the rig in your sig performs over four times as well in that benchmark compared to my system with my heavily OC'd 7900GT.

see :) Why would I lie about that??? I averaged about 87 fps my highest was 110 fps heres proof :)

furbenchmarkthingyog8.th.jpg

7600 with a 2900XT and a Quad. Phil, there's NO WAY you got 5000 with your rig :rolleyes: Lego/suchuwato should have had more points than you

@ Jedi, you need to run the timered benchmark to compare :)

@ razor, did you apply AS5 to the RAM? Cause those funny pad things on the RAM are there for a reason. There's usually a gap between the cooler and the RAM, so the pads will usually do better than AS5 applied to them.

Well I know that it is hard to believe but I do not make up stories I have posted proof so check it out. :)

post-26607-1196609603_thumb.jpg

see :) Why would I lie about that??? I averaged about 87 fps my highest was 110 fps heres proof :)

Well I know that it is hard to believe but I do not make up stories I have posted proof so check it out. :)

Exactly <_<

You need to run native res, AA on for a decent figure ;)