my thermaltake

philbrown23

well the thermaltake wc setup I bought is waaaaaay better than my old one! I get no more than 29c at idle and 38c running folding@home, seti@home and prime95! the only problem, yeah here it is, is that the resevior leaks! Yep, spent 3 hours tryin to clamp it but the thermaltake hoses are smaller od than regular ones so my other ones don't clamp it tight enough and the thermaltake ones are junk I decided to just buy a whole new resevior from petras that isn't garbage. but either way the rest of it works awesome! Right now I have a towel wrapped around the hoses to stop it from leaking on my hdd what else should I do?

Right now I have a towel wrapped around the hoses to stop it from leaking on my hdd what else should I do?

:lol: I just read your posts for the comedy value... 1/2" barbs, Tygon 1/2" ID, and worm-drive clamps are part of the real solution...

Funny how you bought a 2nd Thermaltake water-cooling kit, despite all advise against it (hmmm, like your friend? :lol:), and now it springs a leak, and you think it's good...

Maybe you just have really low standards... but leaking water-cooling equipment and towels should be some sort of indication that your setup is sub-par

:lol: I just read your posts for the comedy value... 1/2" barbs, Tygon 1/2" ID, and worm-drive clamps are part of the real solution...

Funny how you bought a 2nd Thermaltake water-cooling kit, despite all advise against it (hmmm, like your friend? :lol:), and now it springs a leak, and you think it's good...

Maybe you just have really low standards... but leaking water-cooling equipment and towels should be some sort of indication that your setup is sub-par

:withstupid:

It's almost as if you want to start an electrical fire and destroy your computer completely...I'm pulling a france on this one. whiteflag.gif

Oh and hope you don't mind, hardnrg, but you're in my sig! :D

Edit: And just to satisfy my curiosity...exactly how much money did you spend in total on ALL your watercooling parts?

Edited by iKillSteal

Yeah, not using my pc. duh . my kit is good except the shoddy resevoir. wich a new one is already on its way. Not a thermaltake one a swiftech resevoir. oh and I paid 150 for the kit +20 on ebay for a 2nd siftech rad and fan + 20 bucks for a new res. and "Funny how you bought a 2nd Thermaltake water-cooling kit, despite all advise against it" 2nd kit?????? why would I buy two?? how much sense does that make?? just one. It just sprung a leak from shoddy clamps. But I think the res stinks so I got a new one. I had my pc on for about 13 1/2 minutes till I noticed the leak (very small leak but leak it is) just long enough to check temps under load. and maybe my version of good is different from yours, my version of good is cooling my pc down to 27-28c on idle and NO MORE than 37c al load. You all said that it would be no better than a good air cooler, lol, I would love to see a air cooler keep temps STABLE no fluxuation like that. I think I got my moneys worth out of it.

Yeah, not using my pc. duh . my kit is good except the shoddy resevoir. wich a new one is already on its way. Not a thermaltake one a swiftech resevoir. oh and I paid 150 for the kit +20 on ebay for a 2nd siftech rad and fan + 20 bucks for a new res. and "Funny how you bought a 2nd Thermaltake water-cooling kit, despite all advise against it" 2nd kit?????? why would I buy two?? how much sense does that make?? just one. It just sprung a leak from shoddy clamps. But I think the res stinks so I got a new one. I had my pc on for about 13 1/2 minutes till I noticed the leak (very small leak but leak it is) just long enough to check temps under load. and maybe my version of good is different from yours, my version of good is cooling my pc down to 27-28c on idle and NO MORE than 37c al load. You all said that it would be no better than a good air cooler, lol, I would love to see a air cooler keep temps STABLE no fluxuation like that. I think I got my moneys worth out of it.

Well when you ever get a good air cooler, then you will see for yourself. Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is about the best around.

I would love to see a air cooler keep temps STABLE no fluxuation like that.

I have an X2 3800+... I'm just waiting for a metal backplate to clamp a Thermalright Ultra 120 on it... I wish that I'd get the backplate by Friday, but it's more likely to end up arriving next week... it'll be interesting to see how it compares :)

Funny how you bought a 2nd Thermaltake water-cooling kit, despite all advise against it (hmmm, like your friend? :lol: ), and now it springs a leak, and you think it's good...

Just the right amount of belligerence with a hefty dose of sarcasm... Hardnrg, you're my hero! :thumbs-up:

and maybe my version of good is different from yours, my version of good is cooling my pc down to 27-28c on idle and NO MORE than 37c al load. You all said that it would be no better than a good air cooler, lol, I would love to see a air cooler keep temps STABLE no fluxuation like that. I think I got my moneys worth out of it.

Yes, it definitely is. I think you know that you could have spent $60 on an Ultra-120 Extreme and a good fan and achieved better performance. You just won't admit it because that would mean having to swallow your pride and admit you screwed up. And you did indeed say that you had/have two Thermaltake WC kits: "well the thermaltake wc setup I bought is waaaaaay better than my old one!"

I try to be nice to noobs, but some people absolutely beg for verbal thrashings. :rolleyes:

A couple of nights ago my air cooling kept my e6750 at about 26*c under load.

When I was still overclocking my 146 (lots and lots of volts...) it could stay under 35*c on load.

But hey, what do we all know? <_<