Sound Cards / Speakers

suchuwato

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear good things about the Fostex full range drivers! Sounds like a good choice.

I have also read good things about both of those cards, but if it were me I would probably go with the Juli@. They're both really very similar, so you're pretty much mainly going on looks (I much prefer the ESI there ;)) and drivers. Apparently the ESI drivers are slightly better.

I hear good things about the Fostex full range drivers! Sounds like a good choice.

I have also read good things about both of those cards, but if it were me I would probably go with the Juli@. They're both really very similar, so you're pretty much mainly going on looks (I much prefer the ESI there ;)) and drivers. Apparently the ESI drivers are slightly better.

Yeah, that's what I've heard... I was just a bit torn as they use the same chip and dacs (methinks) I definately like the look of the Juli@

I ordered the monitors last night, from absolutemusic.co.uk (free next day delivery :)) hopefully they'll arrive soon. Expect some Onboard vs Audigy vs C-Media vs ESI (probably) action soon! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... cables are all here, but nowhere has the PM MKII sub system in stock, so I've got to wait :(. Meanwhile I've tested the pm 0.5s and they sound amazing! (although it was using onboard sound and a rubbish mixer) If anyone was in doubt about the level of difference decent speakers make over consumer surround systems, or even Hi Fi speakers - it's a hell of a lot :P

I bought the ESI in the end after hearing more good things, but it's being shipped with the sub, so isn't here yet.

In the pic I need to sit exactly 42" from the monitor for optimal sound :lol::ph34r:

post-8314-1194107585_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

OK, sorry for the old thread drag up, but with the Juli@, do the front panel connectors on the mobo still work, cos i like having the amp in, and then if i need headphones, plugging them into the front port, as my amp is weird and doesnt cancel the speakers with headphones in! :S

In Vista I just swap the default sound over to Realtek HD, which gives me the onboard out when I use headphones.

Be aware though, even though the Juila is schweet, the 64bit drivers suck more . than all the other manufacturers put together (including Creative) and you'll be lucky to get the advanced features working. In XP 32bit it's perfect.

I would look into different cards unless you can find a really good deal.