suchuwato

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no opinions?!

maybe the edit didnt bump the post into the new posts section.

Liking the E-Mu at the minute, but it is expensive compared to the others. Anyone know of good online shops (UK based, with Northern Ireland shipping)?

Yeah, price is a little more than i wanted. Cant see anywhere that really mentions their drivers.

I sort of ruled the M-Audio out, as i dont like the idea of trailing cables, the ESI is ok, cos MIDI will not be used regularly at my desk.

it wasnt really the vista stuff i was worried about! :P it was me kicking the trailing cables, and bending a jack, or something!

No sound card at the minute seems to get decent drivers for x64, they all are in the 0.XX series, i.e still beta (ish)

Edit 1: Is there anywhere that would do the [email protected] for <

Edited by J-Stew

ok, another question, do i replace my amp (details in sig), as it is goin slightly, as the pan control doesnt do anything, and sometimes the inputs crackle on a channel, until the input is reselected. Bear in mind this amp and speaker combo is 20 years old!

Replacement amp also in sig = aprox

I use studio monitors as I do mastering and video mixing... if you're just listening to stuff for pleasure I would recommend getting proper hi-fi speakers (they'll make it sound 'richer')

About the cheapest I've found: http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_ESIJUL200.html - I got mine from Dolphin Music (not the cheapest)

Edit: Yeah, it takes fiddling to get MIDI to work properly - I don't think the sync is right :huh: And I can't test the digital :(:lol:

well, at the minute, mainly for pleasure, but hoping to go do this next year, so would like to be able to do my own work in my own set-up!

Sweet. My film/video degree is based in a TV studio which has tons of cool gear you'd probably like then :P (I've been bluescreening it up today - fun!)